Author Topic: Dressing for Safety...  (Read 4901 times)

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
Dressing for Safety...
« on: May 28, 2005, 01:30:36 AM »
After B.O.S.S '05, I realized that my mountain riding gear was severely lacking in safety features.  I have purchased and I am using First Gear Flightline pants, First Gear Z-Pilot jacket, Sidi Vertigo boots, Alpinestars Air Carbon gloves and, most often now, my Schuberth S1 helmet.  I have removable elbow guards to use if I'm wearing my lighter weight Fox jacket.  I've gotten past feeling as if I am Darth by god Vader when I go for a ride, 240 miles this morning in a very short time.  And I feel better riding with good gear.  If I go for a slide it will be much easier on my poor old, slow to heal, bod...Reports to follow on the durability and functionality of this equipment.....the downside...all this leather is heavy...impairs performance.....I hear something calling my name...

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/kits/kit_Suzuki_Hayabusa.htm
2007 Kawasaki KLR650...good fun..

2005 Turbo Hayabusa....pushing 400hp...sometimes a scary ride...

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
Dressing for Safety...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 04:31:33 AM »
Lynn I just purchased the same boots last week but have yet to have time to go for a long enough ride to justify putting the leathers on to wear them. What do you think of them so far? And I'm thinking with that turbo kit you might as well ride in your underwear 'cause it aint gonna matter what your wearin if you slide at the speeds it would be capable of then :stickpoke:  There is nothing like the torque a properly tuned turbo system is capable of producing though. I have a turbo car I toy around with just because i'm fascinated at how EASY it is to gain more and more power. So the 290 they claim @9psi could very easily be surpassed.
thanks, Josh

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
Dressing for Safety...
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 11:54:40 AM »
Lynn,

My mechanic puts big bore kits in Busas.  You might want Nitrous too!

Ghost Rider II!
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
boots...
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 11:54:19 PM »
Hey Josh....how is that race car doing?  The boots are different...less flexible than what I am accustomed to wearing and caused me to fumble a shift slightly, but, like most everything else, with a little use they now feel natural... I just wore them around the house for a bit....I really like the calf adjustment and the side vent actually does work well...  :beers:

Big Bore?  Nitrous?  Thank you Matt, I'm looking for a good Busa guy in Nashville but with little success so far...my Bandit guy likes nitrous but I'm not convinced...hell, I'll probably just trade it when, and if, that B-King makes it to the showroom...apes on a B-King..... :motorsmile:

Offline sloper10

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 10:13:01 PM »
An observation....I ride faster with the leathers on....I best be looking at a Valentine One....

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Dressing for Safety...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »
Quote from: "sloper10"
After B.O.S.S '05, I realized that my mountain riding gear was severely lacking in safety features.  I have purchased and I am using First Gear Flightline pants, First Gear Z-Pilot jacket, Sidi Vertigo boots, Alpinestars Air Carbon gloves and, most often now, my Schuberth S1 helmet.  I have removable elbow guards to use if I'm wearing my lighter weight Fox jacket.  I've gotten past feeling as if I am Darth by god Vader when I go for a ride, 240 miles this morning in a very short time.  And I feel better riding with good gear.  If I go for a slide it will be much easier on my poor old, slow to heal, bod...Reports to follow on the durability and functionality of this equipment.....the downside...all this leather is heavy...impairs performance.....I hear something calling my name...

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/kits/kit_Suzuki_Hayabusa.htm

Sounds like a good plan. I bought armour, but your gloves & more, are way better than mine. Been for a bad slide once, no armour, helmet... actually nothing but shorts & a t'shirt as nothing was mandatory in the old days. Thank god it was a tiny bike... still, it cost me a shoulder separation and lost hide, (the bike died).
I remmember that the skin planed off my palms hurt the worst as there are a lot of nerves there... have armour now.

Jus' wundrin...
(1) ever had this Busa dynoed?
(2) whath the hell y'gonna say if you're late for work?
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Dressing for Safety...
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 09:56:56 PM »
Off topic.................

Lynn, the guy that installed my jet kit in Columbia, SC, specializes in 'busas.
  http://www.fishscustoms.com/

Want your 'Busa to break into the sixes?
 :motorsmile:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline ratbike05

• Board Homesteader!
Dressing for Safety...
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 10:55:08 AM »
Lynn, the heck with a turbo or nos...change the engine out for one of those helicopter jet engines.  You like to fly.
Wait for me!!

Jim

97 Bandit 600