Author Topic: Caberg Solo Helmet - Thumbs Down  (Read 5524 times)

Offline TheBigB

• Board Homesteader!
Caberg Solo Helmet - Thumbs Down
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:55:59 AM »
I have been thinking about getting a flip up for a while now and when I saw the Caberg Justissimo on Helmet Harbor I thought I would check it out. But after reading what they had to say I still couldn't shake the nagging feeling that there is something about a helmet with moveable parts that you just can't trust.

But the Justissimo had the coolest feature: An internal flip up and down sun visor. Now that I gotta try, and when I saw the Caberg Solo had that same feature but in a full face I decided to forgo the Justissimo flip up and get the Solo.

Now, the Helmet Harbro reveiw forewarned those of us very oval heads (this is a problem I have no matter what helmet I buy) and they aren't kidding. If you've got a very oval head, and I do, this helmet is going to be a tough fit.

Fit aside though, the helmet was also a dissappoint for two other reasons.

First, I was struck by how cheap it felt. From the moment I took it out of the box I got the feeling that it just wasn't made very well. The styrofoam seem to be very stiff, almost brittle, and the helmet made a lot of that styrofoam noise when you put it on and off. I notice the linning across the front, where the mouth air vent was, moved a bit. It clearly didn't fit snugly or wasn't glued in well.

Second, there were two defects where the linning met the inner shell. Both on the forehead above the left eyebrow.

Truly a dissappointment. I had such hopes for this helmet because, not only did it have the internal flip up and down sun visor, but it had great styling and looks.

In the end though I returned to Helmet Harbor and too the $25 hit.

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
Caberg Solo Helmet - Thumbs Down
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 11:23:36 AM »
I purchased the Justissimo and am on the fence with the thing. I do love the built in sun visor, but find the helmet rather loud. The venting is not all that good either. Fit on mine is also tight.

It's not the worst helmet I have ever had, but not the best either. I think there are better helmets out there for the price.