Author Topic: Shad Hard Bags  (Read 21132 times)

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
Shad Hard Bags
« on: October 07, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »
I bought a full set of Shads at the start of the season. Today on my way home from work the tail bag mount fell off. Thankfully my tail bag was off at the time. The welds failed. Go figure. What if the tail bag was on and my daughter was leaning on it. It'll be interesting to see how Shad responds.

Do or do not, there is no try.  
-Yoda

Offline plbandit

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Soon to be a Touring Bandit
    • ROAM :
Re: Shad Hard Bags
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:21:12 PM »
Damn. Scarey.
-Darek
'01 Suzi Bandit 1200s Red
ROAM : - My trip blog

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 10:41:27 PM »
Good Luck with Shad. I had a structural problem with Krauser. They wouldn't do a thing when I inquired, they said, "I must of been using it inappropriately!". Hope you have better after sales service. :roll:
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 11:06:26 AM »
I doubt it too  :rant2:.

Maybe if I set up a website called shadcrapluggage.com  :trustme:

The bags are okay, but the frame is total crap. I'll probably end up modifying and replacing until I get it where I want it.

I think the Givi's are better but none of the dealers in Toronto carry samples. It's a catalogue order and you're on the hook. :banghead:

Damn, I'm pissed :rant2:

I think  :roll: I'm going to start my own aftermarket parts business and kick their sorry asses.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beers: :stickpoke: :clap: :clap: :grin:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:08:42 AM by Silverstreak »
-Yoda

Offline plbandit

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Soon to be a Touring Bandit
    • ROAM :
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 01:32:12 PM »

If only gratuitous use of smileys constituted a good business man  :rofl:  HAHA!

Its true though, shopping for aftermarket stuff is a shot in the dark. PITA considering the hefty price tags most of them carry. I've got an SW-Motech quick release side rack set, and those things rock. This summer I loaded each (JC WHitney) side case to about 24lbs and road all the way to NY and back. No problems. Not with the racks at least. I was worried about the cases and bungeed the lids for extra support. 

I doubt it too  :rant2:.

Maybe if I set up a website called shadcrapluggage.com  :trustme:

The bags are okay, but the frame is total crap. I'll probably end up modifying and replacing until I get it where I want it.

I think the Givi's are better but none of the dealers in Toronto carry samples. It's a catalogue order and you're on the hook. :banghead:

Damn, I'm pissed :rant2:

I think  :roll: I'm going to start my own aftermarket parts business and kick their sorry asses.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :beers: :stickpoke: :clap: :clap: :grin:
-Darek
'01 Suzi Bandit 1200s Red
ROAM : - My trip blog

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:
This summer I loaded each (JC WHitney) side case to about 24lbs and road all the way to NY and back.

:stickpoke: All the way to NY from CT - and back? How many sets of tires did that take?  :rofl:
Out here in the west, we have counties the size of CT.  :lol:

Not intended to distract from the validity of your road test, just to have a little fun!  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »
Ok now we're gettin off topic. It's election time in the UNITED States, let's not get into regional squabbles.

The discussion here is about crap manufacturing and the crap distributors who push this crap .

Nice maps Red, now that's a ride.

-Yoda

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:21:03 PM »
You're right, it was an OT post, and wasn't meant to start a regional squabble, just to poke a little fun at pl's trip from a tiny state to it's neighbor.  Not to say you couldn't have a long trip once you got into NY though.

And I CERTAINLY don't want to drag politics into it!  I love the fact that everyone has kept pretty quiet on that subject!  That could get uglier than an oil thread!  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Silverstreak

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »
Alrighty then, I should mention that I rode to work in the crisp fall air and no more after market parts fell off my bike. I even managed to ride through a speed trap without getting tagged. I tossed LEO a wave and he looked a little surprised. I'm sure he was thinking that guy just flipped me all his fingers.

Shad sucks have a nice day
-Yoda

Offline JN

• New user!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
Have you heard anything from Shad?

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
Alrighty then, I should mention that I rode to work in the crisp fall air and no more after market parts fell off my bike. I even managed to ride through a speed trap without getting tagged. I tossed LEO a wave and he looked a little surprised. I'm sure he was thinking that guy just flipped me all his fingers.

Shad sucks have a nice day

I know youd be on the hook when ordering online or thru a catalogue, but if you go GIVI, pretty much any model, you wont be dissappointed. I got the e41 side cases and v46 top case, with absolutely NO complaints.. top notch stuff, as good as or better than OEM. if you need more info on the models I chose, just PM me!
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

I know youd be on the hook when ordering online or thru a catalogue, but if you go GIVI, pretty much any model, you wont be dissappointed. I got the e41 side cases and v46 top case, with absolutely NO complaints.. top notch stuff, as good as or better than OEM. if you need more info on the models I chose, just PM me!

I just picked up the V46 top case and the rack to go with it.  Damn that case is Big!!  I could fit a couple of those compact HP computers in it!
The case seems nice and sturdy, and the fit from case to rack is nice and tight (felt like I was going to knock the bike over the first time I tried to put the case on the rack)

the rack though was a real pain to put on, and fits closer to the tail fairing on one side than the other, as in a hair's width from touching it on the tight side.  We'll see how that plays out over the rest of the year.   

Now to just get the time to ride, if it's not snowing, blowing, or raining, I have a computer to carry to a client. *sigh*
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 12:46:03 AM »
Stormi, Did you install it on the Honda or the B4?
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:58:42 AM »
Stormi, Did you install it on the Honda or the B4?

On the Honda... I'm not sure I could find a Givi Rack for the B4...?  Have you ever seen such a thing?
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works