Author Topic: Morgan Carbtune  (Read 5292 times)

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Morgan Carbtune
« on: July 19, 2006, 12:17:36 PM »
Based on comments I saw on the FZ1OA board I sprung for the bucks and ordered a Morgan Carbtune from Belfast. (www.carbtune.com) It was 65 pounds sterling for the balancer and a nice cordura case.  The exchange rate came out to $126 US.  I ordered the carbtune on the internet and it arrived in less than one week from Belfast to Texas.  It took 10 minutes to set up and once I had the tank off it was a ten minute job to balance the carbs on the B12.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  I don't think my Bandit has ever been "right" but it is now.  This is a great tool.  Rather than mercury, it uses precision machined stainless steel "slugs" that look like a column of mercury.  After I balance the carbs on my FZ1 this tool will have cost less than free had I gone to a shop for this very easy chore.  The Bandit does not require any adaptors, the FZ1 will.
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness

Offline vadim

• Board Homesteader!
Morgan Carbtune
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:34:50 PM »
I have it too.  Nice tool.
'01 600s

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
Morgan Carbtune
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »
Have one too, and I would recomend.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Morgan Carbtune
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:11:04 PM »
:clap:

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Morgan Carbtune
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »
When you buy the Connie/FZ-1/ZX-14 or whatever, let me know as I would love to buy that Morgan Carbtune off of you.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Morgan Carbtune
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 02:44:05 AM »
Quote from: "texasbandit"
Based on comments I saw on the FZ1OA board I sprung for the bucks and ordered a Morgan Carbtune from Belfast. (www.carbtune.com) It was 65 pounds sterling for the balancer and a nice cordura case.  The exchange rate came out to $126 US.  I ordered the carbtune on the internet and it arrived in less than one week from Belfast to Texas.  It took 10 minutes to set up and once I had the tank off it was a ten minute job to balance the carbs on the B12.  WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  I don't think my Bandit has ever been "right" but it is now.  This is a great tool.  Rather than mercury, it uses precision machined stainless steel "slugs" that look like a column of mercury.  After I balance the carbs on my FZ1 this tool will have cost less than free had I gone to a shop for this very easy chore.  The Bandit does not require any adaptors, the FZ1 will.

Great post! I've known about the "carbtune" since being active on the ytriples board, where I first saw it mentioned. But all I'd read were anecdotal comments about its use that left me feeling less than enthusiastic. But lately, I've been reconsidering this tool since the Bandit seems to be getting less than 'enthusiastic'. In your considered opinion, is this tool any better than a set of vacuum gauges? If so, why?

Thanks, Herb