Author Topic: Top Cases  (Read 10754 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Top Cases
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2007, 08:59:45 PM »
I know squat about this, but my first question is will that rack work? Will the little grab rail hoop be in the way of getting the case on/off?

But $120 for a rack sounds about right. Holeshot sells the same one for $129.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Top Cases
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
I'm afraid I cant remember who the manufacturer was for my B12 rack, but it was designed to work around the rear grab rail and came with special extended bungee bolts to make it all fit seamlessly. The Givi clone mounting plate which is very sturdy has many holes and slots to accommodate any position that will allow the removable case to come off and on without interference. The key is to temp set the clone plate, mount the box then slide the whole unit around until workable then tighten. For a motorcycle I recommend a few U-bolts from the rack rungs to the mounting plate instead of the hardware provided which is what I used to mount my plastic E-bay box which matched the color of my bike. Next time I am going to use the clone and match it silver to my Connie 14. Ahhhh :grin:
   I cant overemphasize the quality of the clone, anyone who has bought one has been impressed and the capacity of the large size is like huge.

Quote from: "Red01"
I know squat about this, but my first question is will that rack work? Will the little grab rail hoop be in the way of getting the case on/off?

But $120 for a rack sounds about right. Holeshot sells the same one for $129.

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Top Cases
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 11:39:37 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Doesn't the Givi rack incorporate the mounting plate?

Yes, it does. Nothing is needed but GIVI-compatible cases, like the ones J.C. Whitney sells. The Wingrack is ready for you to mount both one topcase and two sidecases.

Herb