Author Topic: AZ Lemon Law?  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Johnnykat

• Board Regular!
  • My head feels weird.
AZ Lemon Law?
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:03:38 AM »
I purchased a new Suzuki B12 from Metro Motorsports (Ridenow Powersports) about four months ago and bought the three year extended warranty.

Something went wrong with the engine which Suzuki of America determined was a warranty issue (a rep came out and looked at the bike).  The mechanics at Metro "rebuilt" the engine then it failed in the shop during a test start up.  Metro mechanics then "rebuilt the engine" again and returned it to me Sat the 9th (yesterday, after a month of messing up rebuilds and looking for parts).  I took it out the next morning only to be left stranded on the side of the road with an engine that sounded like a bunch of air was coming out of it (I'm no mechanic).  It was definitely coming from the head area.

1)  Metro has had my motorcycle for over 30 days trying to fix a 1980's technology motor.   :annoy:
2)  This is the 3rd engine failure.
3)  The engine failed in less than 25-30 miles after they repaired it after it failed in their shop after a rebuild.
4)  The total mileage on the motorcycle is 1900 and change.
5)  No matter what they say, I'll be afraid to ride it.  Rear wheel locks up on freeway, I crash, get run over by car...no thank you.

I reside in Arizona.  I bought the motorcycle new from the very dealer who attempted (3 times) to fix what Suzuki deemed a legitimate warranty covered repair.  They have had the bike over a month.  I feel I'm getting raped.  Any info welcome.  Bottom line, I don't want THAT bike back.  I want a replacement.

Oh, this is my primary means of transportation.  At 38 I'm a little old to get rides from my teenage daughter!   :annoy:

Offline klondike

• "Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler"
  • Board Regular!
Re: AZ Lemon Law?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »
I know this is late, but the problem is Ride Now, they have terrible customer service!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:50:23 AM by klondike »