Author Topic: New Bandit Owner  (Read 17258 times)

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
New Bandit Owner
« on: November 05, 2007, 09:16:29 PM »
Hi folks,
I thought I'd say hello to everybody. I just joined the site and proud to say I finally own a Bandit 1250S on Oct 31, 2007. I traded in my 04 SV650N and 05 DL650 Vstrom. For a left over new 07 Red Bandit 1250S. :bandit:
I'm now in the break in process and really love the torque, power and handling of my new Bandit. It is my opinion that Suzuki really hit a home run with the new Bandit. I'm not slagging the older Bandit by any means. I just feel with the latest redesigned Bandit. That Suzuki really covered all the bases this time with fuel injection, water cooling and of course ABS brakes.
Well done Suzuki!

:motorsmile:

Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
00 Copper/Black VS1400 Intruder
58 HD Sportster H

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: New Bandit Owner
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
 :congrats: and  :welcome:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 12:44:49 AM »
 :welcome: :congrats: :beers:, It is a pleasure to ride.

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 11:02:46 PM »
Thanks for the warm  :welcome: Red01 & CWO4GUNNER. :thanks:

In case I forgot to mention it.

I Love This Bike!

Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 01:47:06 AM »
It must have been hard for you to get rid of the DL650 V-storm, a pretty fun and capable all round bike I've heard. I probubly would have kept it and bought the B1250 any hoo.  :grin:

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 07:35:54 PM »
It must have been hard for you to get rid of the DL650 V-storm, a pretty fun and capable all round bike I've heard. I probubly would have kept it and bought the B1250 any hoo.  :grin:

I hated to see both the DL and the SV go, as both were very good bikes in there own right. The wife wanted more space in the garage. I've always had a soft spot and a yearning for a Bandit. So I figuired the Bandit would do the job of both the other two bikes. I didn't go off road with the Wee Strom, used it more as a touring bike. So eventually will put hard luggage and touring seat and screen on the Bandit.
Just went over 500 miles on the odometer and tried openning the throttle to 7,000 rpm. "Wow", the Bandit is one fast torque monster. I had to leave it in 3rd or 4th. Just to get the rpm's up without breaking to many speed limits. :shock:

I take it you were in the USN, by your avatar and name? I'm retired Navy myself.

:beers:   
Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 01:39:42 AM »
Yup did 8 years in the Navy mostly pacific fleet before joining the Coast Guard for 22 years, still worked side by side with the Navy for a good portion my my career though. Now as a retired landlubber I'm making up for lost ride time LOL. Welcome aboard shipmate. :wink:

I hated to see both the DL and the SV go, as both were very good bikes in there own right. The wife wanted more space in the garage. I've always had a soft spot and a yearning for a Bandit. So I figuired the Bandit would do the job of both the other two bikes. I didn't go off road with the Wee Strom, used it more as a touring bike. So eventually will put hard luggage and touring seat and screen on the Bandit.
Just went over 500 miles on the odometer and tried openning the throttle to 7,000 rpm. "Wow", the Bandit is one fast torque monster. I had to leave it in 3rd or 4th. Just to get the rpm's up without breaking to many speed limits. :shock:

I take it you were in the USN, by your avatar and name? I'm retired Navy myself.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:41:15 AM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 10:33:50 AM »
Well break out the barrel bummpers Boats and moor along side! :grin:

I spent 6 years in the Pacific Fleet and 20 years Atlantic Fleet. Its really kind of funny, but I wanted to join the Coast Guard right out of High School. But my small town only had the Navy Recruiter. He said the Coast Guard came under the Navy Department in time of war. So I might as well just join the Navy. So I did and the rest is history.

Yep! Sure is nice staying in the same liberty port. Also not having to worry about getting underway. :beers:

Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 02:26:12 PM »
Actually the underway time was the same for me in the Coast Guard, only difference was the periodicity was 3 months in port and 3 months at sea doing enforcement patrols of US territorial waters with only 3 day mid patrol brakes in Alaska, for a total underway time of 6 months a year. The good times didn't start until I made Warrant Gunner who are not assigned to ships but provide training and logistical support form shore.
     I did get my fair share of Navy west pac tours aboard Midway and the flag ship OKC and will never forget Subic Bay, Patia beach, Melburn, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and all the rest. I think in those 8 years I lived more then most people live in a lifetime.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:29:31 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »
Looks like you were definitely on some haze grey and underway combatants. I was on the Alamo (gator freighter), floating drydock (in Guam), and Taluga (AO) during my time in the Pacific. Yes, it was hard to beat Subic Bay for liberty.

I was on AS's,a AD and two tours of shore duty while in the Atlantic Fleet.
Retired Hull Tech Chief with QA & NDT background.

Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 05:42:38 PM »
By the way, happy belated veterans day shipmate. Check your messages here as I sent you a PM.

Looks like you were definitely on some haze grey and underway combatants. I was on the Alamo (gator freighter), floating drydock (in Guam), and Taluga (AO) during my time in the Pacific. Yes, it was hard to beat Subic Bay for liberty.

I was on AS's,a AD and two tours of shore duty while in the Atlantic Fleet.
Retired Hull Tech Chief with QA & NDT background.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 06:02:35 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 06:58:01 PM »
Thank you and Happy Veterans Day to you as well.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:04:11 PM by A1A »
Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »
By the way to answer a privious PM question about wind screens and and hard cases, here is my answer so that other can chime in and provide options as well.
No doubt that hard cases are the best looking and function over cloth, I just think the manufactures like Givi who happen to have been contracted by Suzuki to provide the OEM color matched bags are way over priced. They probubly could sell side and top case for $500 and still make a hefty profit, but instead they charge $1140 and that was with a 20% discount (new bike purchase) which is still ridiculous but I went for it just this once, still waiting the back order since Oct 16.

The wind screen is the best I have ever owned and I tried few and returned them. Its called a Zero Gravity (Co. name)  touring screen. About $120 and well worth it, only problem is they haven't developed it yet for the B1250 so I opted for a dealer 20% discount off the OEM Double Bubble wind screen ($49) which is supposed to reduce wind blast from original equip according to Suzuki. Here is a picture of a MAX-ZUK member who already got his OEM color matched hard cases and loves them. I think they really highlight the B1250 as a whole new and vastly improved bike.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:49:03 AM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline A1A

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »
Great pic and very nice the way you got it farkled. Looking at that picture I can hear the call of the wild and open road.  :motorsmile:

Did you have to move or modify your rear turn signals with those hard side bags?

CW04GUNNER, your bike really looks good and  :thanks: again for posting.

:bandit:
Richard
07 Red Bandit 1250S
05 Blue DL650
04 Yellow SV650N
58 HD Sportster H

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 12:46:19 PM »
Like I said this bike belongs to a different member over at MAXZUK under the topic: 1250S accessories are here! Although he didn't mention any install changes with the turn signals, it is clear to see in this next photo that they were defiantly relocated. Here is a picture of the back with the mounting frames only and with the cases installed. As you can see the turn signals are higher then their original locations. I'm sure its a simple change with the instructions.

Great pic and very nice the way you got it farkled. Looking at that picture I can hear the call of the wild and open road.  :motorsmile:

Did you have to move or modify your rear turn signals with those hard side bags?

CW04GUNNER, your bike really looks good and  :thanks: again for posting.

:bandit: