Author Topic: Carb Synch Tips/How To  (Read 10350 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Carb Synch Tips/How To
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »
coolstu
(3/28/03 12:19 pm)
Using Carb Gauges
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Could anyone out there explain to me how to use standard mercury type carb gauges on a B4 ? ? ?

Where do you plug the gauges into the carbs ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Red01SuziB12S
Hall Monitor
(3/28/03 1:30 pm)

Re: Using Carb Gauges
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Look for the vacuum port on your carbs that supplies vacuum to the fuel petcock. Remove the vacuum hose from that nipple and use that port - and the ones just like it on the other three carbs.

Paul W
WWBOC #684
Camano Is. WA, USA

KrisB4
(3/31/03 3:00 am)
Re: Using Carb Gauges
 I have the dial gauges not the mercury type.
I did my first carb synch yesterday, and apart for the trouble of getting the gauges it's an easy job.
On top of each carb cover there's a pickup point sealed with black rubber cap.
Take off the cap and connect the gauge hoses there.
On no.1 (from left sitting on the bike) carb intake port there is a vacuum hose for the petcock, but you don't have to remove this.
As for fuel supply I used a half liter PET bottle form some sparkling water (dry inside) and drilled a hole in a cap to tight fit a fuel hose.
I used 1 m of a smaller hose which fitted inside the bike's hose.
That allowed me to put the bottle near the handlebar.
Remember to make a vent in the bottle, otherwise the engine will suck some fuel and then die after creating some vacuum in the bottle.
The rest of procedure is as in manual.
Warm the engine, set the idle at 1750-2000 rpm,
adjust the gauges damping so the needles don't go like crazy, and then match carbs 1&2, than 3&4 and at last left and right pair using screws on the linkage.
And that's it.

Regards,

Kris

TheKillerB
(3/31/03 7:10 pm)
Mercury Synchronizer
 I've used one of these on my B4. Mine is a Motion Pro, but that shouldn't matter. There are small rubber nipple covers on the black cap of each carb. These have a small C-clip on them. Remove these caps and attach the hoses from the sync to this. Take the hose that runs to the tank (off of the inlet to the #4 cylinder) and plug it. This should work just right.

John
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7