Author Topic: Tire (Tyre) Choices  (Read 9484 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Tire (Tyre) Choices
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:11:58 PM »
2slow2loud
(2/3/03 7:56 pm)
What tires are you on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Hey yall. I just ordered a set of Metzeler Sportec-M1s in 110 & 150 sizes. I think the 160/60 would look a bit nicer but I got +/- inch unused on the edges of my current 150 so I didn't upsize. I currently have Metzeler Mez3s which I really liked for their grip and forgiving nature. I got about 6K or so until the rear corded. I probably burned out a couple hundred miles of rubber, but it's my only trick and I hate to dissapoint the kids. Anyway I'm not excited about having to pay $80 or so to mount and balance (off the bike!) but I be damned if I pay the $180 the shops wanted for the rear I paid $108 for and then still have to give em the labor for m&b. One shop met mail order but they were so far I would have spent the money in gas.

So what are people here running?

Also, I notice a lot of b4s for sale. I've had mine for 3 years (including the months to figure out the water leak in the gas cap was the only problem) and well, even with the toned down riding I limit myself to with the shagged tire/expired registration/duct taped gas cap fear of rain thing, I still have a blast on this little thing. If somebody gave me $2k for it (unlikely), there is no way I could legally get the same joy the little b4 provides. I might get another bike, but this one ain't go nowhere. If it makes you smile, keep it.

KrisB4
(2/4/03 4:27 am)
Re: What tires are you on?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 A set of Dunlop D205 110 front and 150 rear
Before it had a set of badly squared K505 diagonal rear, abd Michelin Hi-sport front with cupping like hell.
Couldn't ride it.
Next time it'll be a set of D220 or BT010/020
Regards,

Kris

photo21
(2/5/03 1:33 am)
where can I find a new front fender?
 I just put a set of Metzeler tires on my Bandit. (Sportec M-1 Supersport) 110 front and 160 rear. They look great! Waiting for spring to ride and try them out.

Kirk

crucibus
(2/23/03 11:22 pm)
I'm running Avon Azaro 2's on mine
 standard replacement 150 and 110 sizes. I've got about 400 miles on them and really am impressed with them. The tread pattern is agressive, and it seems to be effective. Got'em through discount motorcycle tire.

www.discountmotorcycletir...G1K1Q494PK

2slow2loud
(2/24/03 10:37 pm)
tires
 These m1s are nice. The 150 does look a little too skinny. It works great though.

WolfBandit400
(3/13/03 7:20 pm)
re: tires
 Currently running the Bridgestone BT010/020 combination (F/R) in the factory sizes (110/150). Thought about going up in the rear to 160, but didn't want to mess with the hugger if it was a tight fit. With ~1000 miles on them they handle great, much more confidence inspiring than the Original Stock setup that was on before. Rear starting to square off just a little, but hope to get out of the straights around here (western NY) and round them off a little soon!

pitargue
(3/16/03 11:35 am)
 I bought my B400 with these tires on them.

Front - Dunlop Sportmax D207F 120/70
Rear - Dunlop Sportmax D207 170/60

Marciano
Fremont, CA

pantablo
(3/25/03 3:58 am)
 Just installed Michelin Pilot sports 110/150 about 200 miles ago...love them! so sticky in the canyons...stable in straightline and turn in is quick.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7