Author Topic: Rubber plugs inside the carb?  (Read 4470 times)

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Rubber plugs inside the carb?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 01:54:17 AM »
Quote from: "turbofb"
Thank you very much,I almost forgot about my initial question too.

Course' its far too late to determine if I have the passages from the main jets or not,since my carbs are installed and the bike is running!......since it is running well without the plugs,I think Ill just assume that they are not there! :wink:

Hah! No worries,.. I didn't even read it.  I've been trained by some of the best geeks I know though.  I knew there was still data to be retrieved, and I couldn't leave it there.  Now it's here for posterity's sake.  :wink:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Rubber plugs inside the carb?
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 03:27:16 AM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
Depending on how much you want to mess with it you could try going up on the MJ. See if it gives you anymore on the top end without effecting other areas. 102.5's were stock. All of the jet kits I've seen had adjustable needles.

FYI, Six turns out sounds like a lot on the fuel screw (most people run 2-2.5 turns out). But if its running something must be working. 3 turns out with a jet kit and I was fouling plugs so bad I had to remove the air filter to get home.

It doesnt seem to matter if its 3 turns,6 turns or anywhere in-between,the bike seems to run the same regardless.
Im gonna assume its because of the small,stock mainjets and stock needles.Perhaps my exhaust system doesnt have a huge effect on the mixture,and since stock B4's are set so lean,I really cant go too rich,in regards to the screws.
Now of course,once I added more air by pulling the snorkle everything went to hell.Sounds like Im skating on the edge and adding more fuel isnt gonna be a bad idea,especially if i ever want to add a K&N or drill the airbox lid........have to save that tweeking for next weekend.
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!