Author Topic: Busted doin 212km  (Read 6147 times)

Offline LowKey

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://www.dbg.co.za
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 07:21:15 AM »
:lol:

i have one huge task of trying to get a canadian B4 speedo here in south africa
i tryed to registor on ebay the otherday and that was a nightmare im not too keen on facing
again.

ive been through most scrap yards in JHB and still have come up empty handed. :crybaby:
i was thinking along the lines of a digital speedo for the bike ???

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
212kpm wow!!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006, 02:32:51 PM »
It is amazing that this bike can do that. I took a ride into the desert and I punched it to see what it can do. When I looked down to see how fast I was going, I could not believe what the speedo was telling me. 135mph. I have always thought that this bike was a bit optimistic, But now that you tell us that you were clocked at this speed. Maybe it is possible.

lowkey wrote:
Does this now mean i can get clocks that display up to 220km and put those on the bike.
Maybe the b6 speedo

I am have just now added a cateye astrale 8 bicycle speedo that reads up to speeds of 185mph.  296kph

This little bike always surprises me.

Offline LowKey

• TURBO TYPER!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 10:17:23 AM »
yeah i agree :motorsmile: now im even more motivated to rip out the standard airbox
and put on four single cone air filters and a needle kit into the carbs. im still trying to get my hands on a decent can for the bike.

hope this will give her more grunt   :grin:
but for now im putting all my focus into puttin on a complete front with USD shocks to the bandit.

Offline 400runner

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 02:08:33 PM »
USD forks, the best thing you can do for hadling. You wont go back after you try it. I am now getting rid of the stock front end. I don't see myself using it for anything. If you decide it's a go on the mod, I might be able to advice with all the nessesary fabrications. It does take alot of work, you should be aware of this. But that is part of appreciating the ride.  Cheers man.  :beers:

Offline LowKey

• TURBO TYPER!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 02:38:44 AM »
thanx man i would appreciate it greatly

once i get my hands on the front end ill give you a shout. oh just by the way
did you have to change anything on the head tube on the frame to get your front end to fit ?

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:00:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the ticket. Here it'd be an instant loss of licence (for 40km/h over) and a court date. Not to mention our open road/motorway speed limits are only 100km/h. So I reckon you're lucky in a way.

I'm curious, does your Bandit redline start at 13,000rpm? I don't think I ever got to the redline on my fzx250 (15,000rpm), it didn't like revving that high. If the bandit will easily rev into the red, how should I treat the redline?

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 07:26:07 PM »
ehh, i was actually wrong about my statement earlier about speed @ rpm. I kinda forgot exactly, and this week i finally got the change to try it quickly on the highway. 180kmh @ 12000, makes a bit more sense  :duh:

Coincidentally, today i got the chance to put my bike on the bench. I got rwhp and corrected bhp, no torque, probably because we didn't branch up for rpm reading. Anyway, here are the results: 32.8rwhp and 52.2bhp corrected. This is what was in the brochure! :grin:  
If anyone wants to see it, i guess i can scan it and post it. But it's not a perfect reading... Hey, i'm a rookie in this dyno stuff and i cannot complain as i got it for free (school's good for something :wink: )
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 11:40:15 AM »
I'm planning on doing a run on a Jaros bench next week.

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 08:38:34 AM »
hmm, i was reviewing the results from the test.And there's something i'd like to compare with other people: Corrected BHP was 52.2, drag was something around 18hp. Roughly it came down to this: Corrected bhp - drag hp = rwhp.

I want to know if anybody with test results has more or less drag than mine, i'm suspecting my chain is not behaving nicely or maybe even the rear brake is scraping a bit too much
Alex
B6 Rear Shock

Offline Sierra2

• TURBO TYPER!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 11:18:09 AM »
Man!

I just got mine running after 3 years of rotting in a garage! This dyno bench stuff is way out of my league!! I have trouble getting premium gas!!

No wonder I don't get many speeding tickets!! LOL :grin:

Where can you go to get it tested? Is it something most bike shops have??

Pete
...better to say nothing and have them think you're a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 11:22:11 AM »
Not really, some specialized garages maybe, or "tuning shops" have benches. Or some schools, as is in my case :wink:
Alex
B6 Rear Shock

Offline Sierra2

• TURBO TYPER!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 11:29:37 AM »
Is it as simple as bolting the bike to the wheel and winding it up?? Or is there emissions measuring too??

Just reading through the other posts....how much benefit is there to dumping the stock air box and going to the cone filters??

Again its not spring here yet...and after getting mine running it's still not running smoothly. I think the carbs are out of balance....but while I'm tinkering I thought I'd ask.

Pete
...better to say nothing and have them think you're a fool then open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 12:23:56 PM »
oooh, it all depends... In my case, we hooked it on the bench and put in a probe for measuring hc's, co's and co2's, couldn't do NOx, cartridge-thingie was empty. This was done for a project, they needed "a vehicle", so i jumped on the occasion  :wink: .
I don't know about the cone filters.. of course you'll get much more air inside, but how much more than a K&N replacement filter for example, your guess is as good as mine. Probably other ppl know more about it, i'm only a rookie
Alex
B6 Rear Shock

Offline LowKey

• TURBO TYPER!
Busted doin 212km
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 01:26:46 AM »
mine is still stock standard as far as i know, but i want to take her in and get
K&N cone filters put on with a new exhaust and headers.I get a free dynotune with the
upgrade.

once its done ill post my dyno print out here for all to see.