Author Topic: Throttle response issues  (Read 2533 times)

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
Throttle response issues
« on: August 28, 2010, 01:30:57 AM »
Now that the charging and starting problems are solved, I now must move onto the throttle problems.  The bike has a F1 aluminum exhaust, stock box, UNI filter oiled, and probably stock jets.  I know that messing with the intake resistance makes this problem better or worse depending on what you do.  Here is what I mean.

With the oiled uni filter, 1st gear revs up to about 5k, falls flat for about 10 seconds and starts climbing slowly.  If you build it up to about 10k and shift into second, its slow at first and then screams from low rpm to 14k easily, and 3rd through 6th rips excellent when into the throttle.  I'm going to start adding more resistance to the intake until I find the right spot for good throttle response.  I also know that when the intake is resisted a lot, It will rev to redline faster than ever but usually stalls when I get off the throttle.  

Sounds like a jetting issue and If Its stock jetting, I'm running 102.5 Main and normal 32.5 Pilots.  Fuel screw not tampered with, and avg of 175ish feet above sea level.  I've got a new O-ring kit comming in and might try different jets but I'm unsure of what numbers to go with.  I definatly don't want to be ripping into the carbs every week trying to get it perfect, but sometimes you have to.  I've been reading the Jetting thread religiously for tips, but am still unsure.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:35:52 AM by andylad »

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Throttle response issues
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »
Is the tail pipe sooty as it sounds a little rich with the holes you talk of. The o'rings may sort it if they are allowing too much fuel through, also check the black plugs are in the pilot jet holes and the B4 works best with 100's and the floats set a little less than stock say 15mm.

Offline andylad

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Throttle response issues
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
Newest update.  Most symptoms go away when fully warmed up.  Good stuff.  Now all that's happening is in 1st gear and second gear, the lowest rpms are a little doggish, then rips to redline from about 4-5K and up.  I can definatly live with this for now.