Author Topic: Down to the frame?  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
Down to the frame?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Quote from: "Maniac"
I just need to get one more set of float bowl o-rings, the ones that were in there were really dried out.

I thought i replaced those , before i sold them! measure them , thickness and diamiter , ill see what i got  or can dig up and ill mail them to ya bro!
asap! about to leave for work , got a kz 1300 1982 i have to clean the carbs on today and rejet a suzuki madura gv 700 . :beers:

Nah, don't worry about it. When I rebuilt the old ones I found that I can get the same O-rings from Ace Hardware in their 'assortied' package. Two packages will do all four carbs, and cost about $6.

You probally -did- replace them, but I've had them for at least 6 months with them sitting high and dry. They look like they just dried out. I pulled the float bowls off and the float assemblies just dropped out.

I did replace the jet needles and needle jets with the brand new ones out of the other carbs, the needles in the new ones are a bit longer but also a little thinner, and seem to work fine. I kept your massive 120.5 jets in there, since mine were 096s.

Heading out now to get the o-rings, gonna get back and charge the battery. Hopefully I'll have a report tonight on how it worked!

Im gonna do a documentary of the build of my b4 and put it on a cd , wich will include everything from building a complete motor , valve adjustment , frame up restoration , some custome fabricating. would like to sell them to sorta fund my racing. So if anyone thinks this is a good idea and have suggestions id like to hear them. My swing arm is on the way have the upside down front end , got a wire harness and inportant bolts from Jose coming got to put a motor together and locate a 04 gsxr 1000 subframe and plastics, tailight , battery tray, ect.!

Oh yes, I want one of those!

2008 GSXR-750

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 12:04:03 PM »
I just need to get one more set of float bowl o-rings, the ones that were in there were really dried out.

I thought i replaced those , before i sold them! measure them , thickness and diamiter , ill see what i got  or can dig up and ill mail them to ya bro!
asap! about to leave for work , got a kz 1300 1982 i have to clean the carbs on today and rejet a suzuki madura gv 700 . :beers:

Nah, don't worry about it. When I rebuilt the old ones I found that I can get the same O-rings from Ace Hardware in their 'assortied' package. Two packages will do all four carbs, and cost about $6.

You probally -did- replace them, but I've had them for at least 6 months with them sitting high and dry. They look like they just dried out. I pulled the float bowls off and the float assemblies just dropped out.

I did replace the jet needles and needle jets with the brand new ones out of the other carbs, the needles in the new ones are a bit longer but also a little thinner, and seem to work fine. I kept your massive 120.5 jets in there, since mine were 096s.

Heading out now to get the o-rings, gonna get back and charge the battery. Hopefully I'll have a report tonight on how it worked!

Um, Jay.... you did replace them.  They're in my 32mms now.   :banana:  :thanks:

The one's in Maniac's 33s are my old ones which were totally shot.  (I did explain that to Todd b/f he bought them).
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2005, 01:01:44 PM »
Im gonna do a documentary of the build of my b4 and put it on a cd , wich will include everything from building a complete motor , valve adjustment , frame up restoration , some custome fabricating. would like to sell them to sorta fund my racing. So if anyone thinks this is a good idea and have suggestions id like to hear them. My swing arm is on the way have the upside down front end , got a wire harness and inportant bolts from Jose coming got to put a motor together and locate a 04 gsxr 1000 subframe and plastics, tailight , battery tray, ect.!

Sounds interesting. I'll pay extra if you can get a topless hottie to do the valve job.  :lol:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Down to the frame?
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2005, 01:36:40 PM »
might be able to get a THONG HANGING OUT  im thinking @ 10.00 to cover cd's and time . we'll see
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
might be able to get a THONG HANGING OUT  im thinking @ 10.00 to cover cd's and time . we'll see

Jay - I've seen you in pics and you're a decent looking guy but... no thanks on the thong thing, please...   :stickpoke:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 02:53:19 PM »
:shock:  your a funny guy ! see ya at beaver
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 04:06:08 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"

Um, Jay.... you did replace them.  They're in my 32mms now.   :banana:  :thanks:

The one's in Maniac's 33s are my old ones which were totally shot.  (I did explain that to Todd b/f he bought them).

Oh yeah... forgot about that. Heh. Well, I spent $2.00 and got all the orings I need from Ace.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 06:46:03 PM »
got that front end on yet maniac?

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 08:54:38 PM »
Not yet.

I just got the bike running again, I wanted to make sure it would before I started really wrenching on it. Just need to figure out a few more minor problems with the carbs (surging, high idle).

To be honest, I'm half considering just getting her running and selling her with all the parts I've got. I just don't really have the time, money, or place to work on it.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2005, 09:02:37 PM »
that would be a shame but first dibs on my carbs back!

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2005, 10:14:24 PM »
GSXR, I'd definitely be interested in such a project. Things that I think would be interesting are carb rebuilds, gsxr upside down front fork install, gsxr rear shock install, aftermarket pipe/header install with info on rejetting, general info on motor rebuild would be a plus. Hope that you are able to get it off the ground. Good luck!

Offline b4cruz

• Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2005, 11:29:25 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
Sounds interesting. I'll pay extra if you can get a topless hottie to do the valve job.  :lol:

there is a Harley DVD with gigantic naked breasts handing tools to a clumsy mechanic that tells you the wrong way to change the belt on your Harley.  Its got all the bad boring low quality video of nipples you can handle.   I haven't seen it myself, so i can't verify if the women are hot.  

If you have winamp there is a streaming station that shows jamaican biker babes hot straddling japanese sport bikes like they were pro strippers.  One set has girls in tandem.  Burnouts and lap dances at the same time... and its free

sorry to get off topic

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Down to the frame?
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2005, 01:06:49 AM »
Quote from: "b4cruz"
there is a Harley DVD with gigantic naked breasts handing tools to a clumsy mechanic that tells you the wrong way to change the belt on your Harley.  Its got all the bad boring low quality video of nipples you can handle.   I haven't seen it myself, so i can't verify if the women are hot.  

There's an entire series called "Topless Tune-up". It includes topless tune-ups for harely's, sports bikes, and dirt bikes (on different dvd's). You can check 'em out at http://toplesstuneup.com/gsx1000/index.htm. No bandit 400 dvd as of yet...  :sad:

Hopefully Jay will pull through!
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.