Author Topic: Bandit 1 Triumph 0  (Read 2336 times)

Offline cadwell14

• Board Regular!
Bandit 1 Triumph 0
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:42:58 PM »
Haven't ridden either bike for a few days now due to snow. Decided to see if they would start today.

Bandit (age of battery unknown) coughed a bit and then fired, didn't want to idle, but we got there after a while. :motorsmile:

Triumph (9 months old/12000m/new battery put in 10 days ago in effort to avoid cold start problems) just didn't want to know! :gloom:

So glad I brought this little bike.

Ann

Offline 97af

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Bandit 1 Triumph 0
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 11:28:13 PM »
Ann...What Triumph do you have? I've got a Speed Triple and it fired up in the garage at 12 degrees farenheit a couple of days ago with no problem....

A good tool lets you forget about the dent it put in your wallet everytime.

Offline cadwell14

• Board Regular!
Re: Bandit 1 Triumph 0
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 02:14:51 PM »
I've got a street triple R. Unfortunately it has to live outside, covered with a couple of old wool blankets and a waterproof cover. When you try to start it, it only tries too fire a couple of times and then cuts out. I've been told it's fitted with something that stops you trying too start it if there isn't enough current, but I don't know for sure.

Don't really need to use it at the moment, so I'm leaving it alone (still enough charge too run alarm). I'll put the battery on a slow charge, when I've got time and mention it to the dealer when I take it for it's 12k service next month.

Cheers
Ann