Author Topic: Clamps to install slip on  (Read 4082 times)

Offline MasterM3

• Board Homesteader!
Clamps to install slip on
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »
I'm looking into purchasing an exhaust off of another forum member. The exhaust was off of KSUGreggy's bike. Anyway, no clamps are included in the sale. It looks like two clamps are used to install, one to attach the can to the pipe from the headers and another one I guess to mount the can on the bike (???). I'm not sure. I've attached a picture of the can and of the can installed on a bike. If anyone could help me out and tell me what clamps I need to install I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if you know of any online stores that would sell me the clamp or any other place to get them, I would be grateful.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/Katamaniac/P3270004.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/KSUGreggy/Bikes/DSCF2566.jpg

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:20:27 PM »
I don't have time to go find links right now but you should be able to get that stuff from D&D.  Either google what you're looking for, find D&D's web site and look around or find a D&D dealer and ask there.  Their parts and accessories are pretty reasonable as I remember.

Good luck.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Lippy

• New user!
exhaust hanger
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »
Just google motorcycle exhaust hanger or look into any race oriented websites and they will have them.  I can't remember the company I used once, but I think I was charged 15 - 20 bucks shipped.

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.comcast.net/~jeffgundry/
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:30:26 PM »
Most motorcycle supply stores carry the stainless T-bolt clamps for the pipe junctions.  They can be spendy though, $3-$10.  Also, decent turbo suppliers also carry them (used for boost hoses).
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 01:58:10 PM »
JCWhitney also has clamps.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Browse/tf-Browse/s-10101/showAll-0/showCustom-0/N-111+10211+600014663/c-10111

You could make the can hanger pretty easy. All you need is some stainless strap and form it to the can and drill your holes for the bolt to go through. The exhaust clamp may be made in the same way, but I don't know how strong it would be. The pipe fits pretty tight in the can as it is. I'll look around the shop and see if I can come up with anything that will work. PM me you phone number and I will give you a call tonight.

I do have some stainless strap that is left over from my wood stove installation. It is highly polished, but it has a bunch of holes in it for mounting purposes. I'll get you a picture of that as well.
2006 Honda ST1300

1993 Suzuki GSF400 Bandit

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 02:01:50 PM »
glad to see you'll end up with that exhaust...its awesome...i liked the sound of it...alot of people thought i had a 600!!  Show some pictures when you get it mounted

man i miss that bike...just gotta get my new B6 running so i can start falling in love with it instead

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 04:48:43 PM »
Greg,
there is a guy up there in Manhattan that has a shop called Motorcycle Supply. His name is Larry Britton. The guys on the GSR have said some real good things about him. If you need work done, it sounds like he would be the one to take it to.

The B400 got a new windsreen in today. I will mount it tonight and get some pictures of it.
2006 Honda ST1300

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 10:39:42 PM »
i met larry...AWESOME guy and great prices.   I got the bike running great today finally.   Just needed new plugs and a night on a charger to get it in shape.  Started right up after that.   Bryan we need to get out and ride together sometime.

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:25 AM »
Quote from: "KSUGreggy"
i met larry...AWESOME guy and great prices.   I got the bike running great today finally.   Just needed new plugs and a night on a charger to get it in shape.  Started right up after that.   Bryan we need to get out and ride together sometime.

I plan on being in Cassoday this sunday.
2006 Honda ST1300

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2006, 12:50:41 AM »
Sorry for the thread theft there.

Here are some pictures of how the can is mounted on the bike.

The hanger was mounted in front of the rear foot pegs on the D&D. I mounted the hanger behind the peg to clean up the look and to have the hanger where the original one was. The CF Can was faded a little except where the hanger was.

I made this hanger out of some Aluminum plate that I cut down and formed. I also polished it up a little on my buffing wheel.

All you have to do, is cut the hanger to length, drill a hole in it and mount it to where the original can was.
2006 Honda ST1300

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 01:07:26 AM »
sharp looking exhaust....really goes good with all the other carbon fiber bits on teh bike i bet.   How does it sound? And when did you put wheel tape on it?

jeez sorry for the thread jack....im an a$$ :duh:

Offline Katamaniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:13 AM »
Quote from: "KSUGreggy"
sharp looking exhaust....really goes good with all the other carbon fiber bits on teh bike i bet.   How does it sound? And when did you put wheel tape on it?

jeez sorry for the thread jack....im an a$$ :duh:

I put the wheel tape on last night. I got it from http://ridesafer.com/page/mfc0/Home.html

That Yoshimura sounds absolutely wonderful. It has a nice purr at an idle, and it reall wakes up when you put the revs to it.

Where's the pictures of the B600?
2006 Honda ST1300

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 01:26:49 AM »
got a big project due on thursday so prolly sometime this weekend...also waiting for my gel seat to come in too i just got with a tall touring screen for 105 shipped....made my day! :banana:

if you go to the general motorcycle section ther is a thread titled "I'm Baaaaack...." that there is some pictures of it from teh previous owners