Author Topic: Say hypothetically I wanted to rebuild my engine/trans...  (Read 2129 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Say hypothetically I wanted to rebuild my engine/trans...
« on: November 26, 2006, 11:14:09 AM »
...is it doable? This is all just curiousity, but i've considered selling my Bandit as of late to get something with a little more parts availability. Problem is, I love the thing, I just don't want to get stuck when something terrible happens. So say I wanted to rebuild the whole driveline. Just a freshening up, and replacement of parts if needed. Can I do this with parts from Suzuki? Or is this one of those things where I'll be scouring the message boards looking for people selling parts, and end up buying something from overseas? Any thoughts on this? I've seriously considered doing the fab work to put a larger/more available engine in it, I know it's a lot of work, but i love the styling, and would go through the effort to be able to ride it without worrying.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? or maybe someone who had to go through a rebuild? I intend to do it all myself, no shop involved, so finding a competent mechanic won't be a problem, just the parts availability.

Regards,
Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Say hypothetically I wanted to rebuild my engine/trans...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »
all that stuff is still available ,pistons are not (my kit is) , rings still are some valve stuff isnt but mainly all is still available oh and some oil pump parts all gaskets still are go for it
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol