Author Topic: Another crying for Help - "B250 just won't start!" post ......  (Read 8284 times)

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
Re: Another crying for Help - "B250 just won't start!" post ......
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »
With all the time dinking around trying to get to that screw out,you'd be ahead of the game just pulling the carb bank,pulling the bowls off and cleaning them out correctly........... :thumb: 

I want to !!! Two problem....

1. Not living at own place atm, at in-law's... and the Father in-law is a prick of a person, so can't really use his garage.....
2.  :yikes: Too scare to pull it out, as never done them before........ and will need to wait till I move to my new place THEN I can take the bike off for a few weeks to do work on it.... meanwhile, I still need to get the bike up and running to ride to new place (without get a trailer to toll it there)

Anyway, status update......
- Spark plug is dirty, cleaned it out and definitely spark coming otu (accidentally zapped myself).
- The spark is wet, so presume there is fuel in teh engine.......
- Notice the 1st plug connects to the spark is abit loose.... I needed to use screw driver to push it down to hear the double "Click" sound when connecting the plug socket to teh plug...... possible cause of no start......

Anyway, Batteries are fully charged now.. will try install back to teh bike and try start again.....

1990 GSF250 - Stock items with lots of parts need to cleaned and changed

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:24:24 AM »
I would suggest new plugs :thumb:, and your loose plug cap to spark plugs is surely not the cause of your no start :trustme: if you have spark and fuel :motorsmile: you either need new plugs :thumb:, your wires are crossed to which plug they go to  :yikes:or your getting to much fuel :annoy:...
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline 97af

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:27 PM »
if you have spark and fuel, you either need new plugs,your wires are crossed to which plug they go to or your getting too much fuel.

If the wires are crossed,this might help......

A good tool lets you forget about the dent it put in your wallet everytime.

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 03:07:26 AM »
New Update  of the Dilema........

New Spark plugs been added and tried starting again...

Result: Full of cranking sound, and no tacho movement, and a few backfire ..... Sounds like too much fuel now after so much cranking .... How do we fix the problem with too much fuel ? I checked the wiring, it is definitely like 97af's picture, so it is not the wiring......

This coming weekend, I'm moving to the newly "Rented from the bank" house of mine, so if I don't fix this, I have to load the bike onto the truck, so I can continue troubleshoot it....

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 11:39:08 AM »
Do you have spark on all plugs...pull them all out put plugs in caps ground on motor crank look for spark... no tac maybe check the power wires that plug into the coils maybe one is loose it is common
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline 97af

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 01:44:09 AM »
Why not just pee on a electric fence :stickpoke:

Jay,one of the best tech tips yet but............. :rofl:

I don't pee on other people's properties :stickpoke:

The most helpful tip of the thread. :thanks:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 01:48:26 AM by 97af »

A good tool lets you forget about the dent it put in your wallet everytime.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 10:49:41 AM »
lol :motorsmile:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:46 PM »
The leads from the coils to the caps look right....  mixing them up WILL result in some pretty spectacular backfires, though...
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline innercent

• New 250 Bandit Noob
  • TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 02:33:04 AM »
Do you have spark on all plugs...pull them all out put plugs in caps ground on motor crank look for spark... no tac maybe check the power wires that plug into the coils maybe one is loose it is common

When I replace all of the spark plug, I have plug the new spark in the cap and test spark against the side of the engine, and there are definitely have sparks coming out.....
After I changed the spark inti the engine, there are two cap is abit hard to click in, so I did ensure they are plugged in (Unless they still not plugged in properly........)
My father in law has checked it as well, and he couldn't work out why either.....
I have to check the coil side of it though, maybe that is the cause, as the cable is abit tight around there. If this still doesn't work, I would have to wait for sometime next week, as I have to move house on this coming saturday (Finally have my own workspaces !). I rented a 4 ton truck, so I can get all my furniture in, as well as my bike onto it to be shipped down (The misses is wondering why do I need a 4 ton truck when we don't really have that much furniture):P haahaaa ...... :trustme:

Further work