Author Topic: Guidelines for a buying second-hand 250 bandit from 1993  (Read 2259 times)

Offline cristiroma

• First Post! Be Gentle!
Guidelines for a buying second-hand 250 bandit from 1993
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:14:28 AM »
Hello, everyone.

First I want to introduce myself.
My name is Cristian, 28 years from Romania.

I just got my driver's licence last week and found a second-hand Suzuki Bandit from 1993 rated for about 3000 US$ (here taxes for imports are very high, 30% for non-European bikes).
Altough I have some mechanical knowledge (worked on old cars engine a bit),  I do not know very much about motorcycles (even if the engine works the same).

What I am most interested in is how costly will be the maintenance for this bike and how easy/hard is for you to find spare parts on Internet.

Personally, I did some investigations on google and couldn't find an servicing manual for buying or spare parts for buying even online. Local retailers basically do not exists and probably going to Suzuki dealer here most likely will take months to get a vital engine part. Am I missing something? :)

Thank you for your patience and for you response.

Offline billybandit

• Board Homesteader!
Guidelines for a buying second-hand 250 bandit from 1993
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 08:04:29 PM »
I believe I'm right in saying an English version of the workshop manual for the Bandit 250 doesn't exist (or it's EXTREMELY rare)

As for parts... you should be ok with consumables (brake pads, chains, seals etc) but everything else is a real pain to get hold of.

$3000 US dollars? That sounds a bit much