Author Topic: B4, 1.....Possum, 0......  (Read 2554 times)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
B4, 1.....Possum, 0......
« on: September 22, 2007, 02:50:29 AM »
Well,I think I got the first good use out my steering damper today!

After dark,on the way home I hit a big fat possum that decided to stroll across the highway.I got sight of him with just a second or two to decide how to react.I figured Id be better off hitting him dead-on,rather than swerving and possibly slipping off the side of him.One big "thwap" on the handlebars and another as he went under the rear tire and gave me a little bounce off the seat.The bars didnt really evn twitch,a testament to the dual circuit damping effect of the Scotts Damper.I have the base valving set pretty soft since its such a little bike.That makes the high speed,"big impact" valve very effective,so big jolts like potholes and,uh....possums dont do much more than rattle my teeth.

I didnt bother to look back, since it was pitch black out,but Im sure Ill see my little buddy on the way into work tommorow...... :stickpoke:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:10 AM »
Roadkill is scary because it's slippery. Did you find any chunks on your bike?

I hit a 2" x 8" doing 100 mph. I was riding behind someone else and by the time I saw the board I had no time to react. The bike ate the board pretty good. I was a little worried that it might have had nails or something in it.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:00:22 PM »
:congrats:  :lol:  :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:05:13 PM »
No chunks or blood on the bike.If I still had the centerstand on,I might have snagged him good with that,but it looks like I sailed right over him clean.
Funny thing,this morning there was nothing to be found in the roadway.Saturday traffic is pretty light,so its unlikely he was obliterated that quick.......either he lived, and limped across 2-3 lanes of highway,or the buzzards are working overtime! :taz:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 09:18:20 PM »
I dunno if possums are like cats, but the few cat's I've hit, if the injury is not immediately fatal, they usually crawl somewhere safe to die.  Like under someone's house. :lol:
"Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life