Author Topic: anothjer daft carb question  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Biker-Dene

• TURBO TYPER!
anothjer daft carb question
« on: August 31, 2006, 06:39:41 PM »
(i did seaerch first lol)

ok on the carb there is a little plastic pipe sticking that can swivel round. and the fuel line ataches to it..

there is also another one behind it but it is rubber.

what goes on there becouse mine had nothing when i got the bike and i spotted it while cleaning the carbs.

thnx
dene
SV650S

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 07:00:21 PM »
That is an air vent hose that should route up and over the airbox. (that's what the channel/clip thing on top of the airbox is for). Check chapter 8 of the manual for hose routing information.

Offline Biker-Dene

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 07:02:47 PM »
ok thanks m8

and there are 2 pipes coming from the top of the water bottle lid where do they go?
SV650S

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »
One of the lines on the overflow comes from near the cooling system pressure cap, the other off the big pipe off the bottom of the fuel tank(I think)
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »
Biker-Dene, no offense intended :stickpoke:, but it seems to me, from the posts you've made, that you desperately need to download and read the factory service manual. go to the Members Only forum here and look for a sticky post about downloading manuals. Almost all the questions you've asked are easily found in the manual. Plus, its loaded with lots of really great information about your bike. It is a fantastic resource. It includes great things like cable, wiring harness and tubing routing diagrams, all the specs for every nut bolt and adjustable thing, etc.

You'll really be doing yourself a favor by taking the time to do this. THen your questions here will be more informed and there'll be less of YOUR time wasted with questions like: what is this or that hose.

just friendly advice, really. :grin:

cheers :beers:

A

Offline Biker-Dene

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:26:33 PM »
hi m8 iv never realy bothered to check the whole forum i was only realy interested in the bandit 400 parts, im a member on loads of forums...

but thanks for the advice m8 iv downloaded the manuel and its very interesting but...

cant see anything on this pipe thing that might be broken .

what is it
what does it do

thanks
dene
SV650S

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »
which one is broken?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »
I think he's referencing my post in another of his threads where I suggested that he check the brass tube on the outside of carb #4.  Squat down next to the right side of the bike.  Look at that carb (#4).  You'll see only one little bras tube.  They kinda stick out, are pretty fragile and can get busted.  Your bike will be very, very difficult to start if it is.  It's part of the choke circuit.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7