Author Topic: Race Tech Emulator on 93 B4  (Read 2246 times)

Offline skibum

• Board Homesteader!
Race Tech Emulator on 93 B4
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:02 PM »
OK........just received my Race Tech Emulator in the mail but before I tear the bike down to install, I'm curious if anyone has done this on a 93.  Race Tech's application chart says it's for the 91 and 92 model years (and they don't know if the 93 is different).  A quick look at the microfiche shows that the fork leg P/Ns are different for the 93.  Unfortunately, Suzuki discontinued all the fork internal parts so there is no way to tell if those P/Ns are the same or not.  So, will these things work on my bike or did I waste my money?  :duh:
I'm having fun.  Are you having fun?  I'm having fun.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Race Tech Emulator on 93 B4
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »
Doesn't matter what the part # for the fork legs are, what matters is what the damper rod looks like.

That's why Race Tech includes a "shim" looking thing in their instructions to make sure the emulator fits snuggly on top of the rod. Chances are, it should be fine.

I'd assume all is the same across the board and say to put them in. I used some descriptions from the SV board to set mine up as far as the hole drilling etc was concerned.

Offline skibum

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »
I guess that's my question.  Do the internals (damper rods, etc.) of the 93 bear any resemblance to the internals of the 91-92?
I'm having fun.  Are you having fun?  I'm having fun.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 10:16:58 PM »
I'd compare it via fiche at Bike Bandit myself but I seriously doubt there are any differences.

It's a damping rod fork (AKA crap technology), I doubt Suzuki would have done any huge changes from 92 to 93. Hell, they're basically the same in the SV and GS500. I think the emulator fitment may be the same number across the board (assuming anyway).