Author Topic: measurements help.  (Read 5355 times)

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
measurements help.
« on: June 02, 2015, 06:55:29 PM »
Is there anyone out there with a stock B4 that could give me some measurements.
I'm after some heights in mm as close as possible.

I need rear height of bike say from ground to the rear foot peg bolts and ground to rear of bodywork just below the rear light.

Then front from ground to bolt on lower fork yolk and ground to front engine mount on the cylinder head.

I'm trying to set up my B4 but its so changed from original ive nothing to use as a base.

Offline Squishy

• Board Homesteader!
Re: measurements help.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 06:58:48 PM »
What has changed?
If you have the stock shocks it will be stock height.
If you have other shocks you wouldn't want stock heights.

Can't help you since my 400 has a GSXR750 rear shock.
I can measure the front it shouldn't be too much off.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:09:53 AM »
Measurements were taken on 1991 Bandit 400 GK75B German specced, unless otherwise stated placed on sidestand with rear shock in basic setting (3 of 7). I've pressed the bike down a little before taking measurement so both shocks can relax at their default height being pushed only by bike weight.

Length of fork from center of nut on lower fork yolk down to intersection of fork axis with ground (measured parallel to fork) - 846mm (right fork)

Distance from ground to right cylinder head nut centre on right side (measured perpendicular to ground) - 590mm

Distance from ground to centre of lower (front) nut of left passenger's footpeg subframe (measured perpendicular to ground) - 565mm (627mm with bike on centerstand)

Distance from ground to left edge of the small L-shaped cover under tail light (measured perpendicular to ground) - 810mm (870 with bike on centerstand)

I would take these measurements with tolerance of up to 10mm.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:21:31 AM by ventYl »
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:10:41 PM »
@ Squishy, its mega nodded mate.
Thundercat front and 73a sp rear.
On track its feeling as though its going to tuck the front in tight/slow corners, the rear is definitely higher than stock so I'm going to go back to stock settings and work from there.

Ive fully adjustable suspension including rear ride height so will try stock compared to now then work out a fast setting.

Cheers ventYI I will get the tape out.