Author Topic: Resistor Plugs? Resistor caps?  (Read 2912 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Resistor Plugs? Resistor caps?
« on: March 12, 2006, 04:37:09 PM »
I've still got the stock spark plug caps on my bike. The resistance on the old plug caps is 10k ohms.

I bought a set of bandit 400 carbs, coils, and plug caps off ebay. The plug caps are NGK SB05F (5Kohm).

On the NGK site for the GSF400 it lists the plug cap as XD05FP.

I believe both have 5k ohm resistance. Is the difference between NGK SB05F & XD05FP just the bends of the caps? Can I use these NGK caps instead of the stock caps?

Unless I'm missing something, I'd assume you'd want the lowest resistance possible -- without causing interferance or backlash to your CDI. I'm guessing dropping the resistance from 15k to 10k probably wouldn't cause much harm if NGK is recommending 5k plug caps as a replacement. Can anyone confirm this?

The plugs I'm using are NGK CR8EKs. I think the "R" indicates that the plug has a resistor. When I measure the plugs they have a 4.25k ohm resistance.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 11:06:05 PM »
good to go and yes resister.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 01:01:25 PM »
I figured you'd know. I picked up some plug wires as well. I'll give it a go as soon as the weather gets nicer.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.