Author Topic: Bad day for me and Suki...  (Read 8352 times)

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Bad day for me and Suki...
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:38 PM »
That dent in the tank looks AWEFULLY painful. I hope you were wearing a jock strap!
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 10:44:12 PM »
are you wearing pants in those pics?? the reflection looks like you don't have any on..
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 01:47:48 AM »
That sucks.
Glad your OK......I have the exact same Shoei helmet,so Im kinda glad to know itll take a hit.
Regardless of prior condition its another B4 off the road,which is never a good thing for a rare bike.I guess the USD frontend plans are kaput.If I recall,you bought my old Yosh can too,no?
Its been a while since Ive been on the boards,what with the bad weather the last few month.Plus,Ive got my own injury to nurse......broke my jaw in half early last month when a chain broke, while pulling one of our rental tractors out of the mud.Another 2 weeks of being wired shut and Im in the clear.Hope you recover from your incident faster than I did.

Oh,and I know this isnt really appropriate,but if you do part her out.....Ill buy the GSXR-400 hugger off you!

Best of luck.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 02:23:18 AM by turbofb »
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »
,,,broke my jaw in half early last month when a chain broke,,,

Gaah!  I can only imagine how much that HURT!
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:54 PM »
Honestly......it didnt.
Just rung my bells really good.It didnt knock me out,and I didnt loose any teeth....although 3 of my lower teeth were broken off down in the jaw.It was a simple matter of resetting that piece with the 3 teeth still intact and it fused back in place no problem.
My mandible halves were reset and held with a Ti plate.Ive got all my feeling back,and honestly I never took a single Tylenol or any pain killer during the 5 weeks since it happened.There really isnt much there,your chin is a bumper of sorts,there is little soft tissue involved with that area.It swelled up a little,but was back to normal within 4 days,and it never bruised.This is the first time Ive ever been hurt seriously,and its the first mishap Ive had at work after 12 years of doing this.I missed 2 days of work,but was back pulling the same F-ing machine out of a different mudhole by the 3rd day.Damn rental customers will never learn!
Im just glad to be alive,as I'm sure Craig is......things could have VERY easily been worse!

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 02:02:53 PM »
Thanks again everyone... still waiting on the police report. :taz:  Still having some pain and mobility issues, but a little better. :boohoo:

Yes, I was wearing shorts in the pics.  You're supposed to be looking at the damage, kako. :stickpoke:

Hey, steve-o. Sorry to hear about your jaw! I wouldn't wish that one on my worst enemy.  Well, I wouldn't wish a motorcycle crash on them either... Lucky the chain didn't come down on your head!  Yes, I did have the Yosh slip-on can on, it's in a bit worse shape now (but still functional), but the headers got crunched by my front wheel.  My friend had to get the exhaust off in order to roll the bike.

Guys, since the steering stem/frame is facked, this bike is a write-off.  I do not know when I'll be able to get back on a bike due to my physical/mental condition, and I will likely part-out/sell off whatever I can, in due time.  I'm not feeling well enough to get boxes and pack things up for shipment just yet, but don't be surprised to see a For Sale thread here one day.  Steve, it's perfectly okay for you to call dibs on the hugger.  Herr Tod, I will get the green B4 tail section to you as soon as I am able, but I'm still moving with a fair amount of pain.

Since B4s are not too common here, let alone anywhere, I am not certain if I'll be able to find another in good shape when I am indeed ready to start riding again.  I feel sick when I look at her in my garage, so I just stay in the house mostly. :boohoo:

Thanks again, everyone, for your kindness and support. :thanks:

Craig
"Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »
haha sorry i am a photographer so i tend to see a lot of thing people miss, and i keep forgetting that everyone doesn't live in Canada and still forced to wear pants.
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »
Man i feel for you. For 6 weeks i had to go out my front door on crutches and see my wreck of a bike sat in the garden it really is the most painful part of the crash. Have you thought about picking up a new frame and getting it posted?

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »
Dont know if its still there,but a B4 frame had been on Ebay for about a year.Its faded red,but it'd be easy to repaint and probably be sold cheap since its sat for so long.
Youve already got the frontend and stuff,at least itd be something to look forward to as you mend.Swapping a frame isnt too hard,just takes some time and wrench turning.Its far less work than modifications/upgrades that involve parts from other bikes,since everthing is automatically going to mate up between two B4's.Id say the only real hassel is dealing with DMV since the VIN will change.

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »
Not sure if the VIN and engine serial number need to match up for my local DMV purposes.  I'll keep the bare frame idea as an option, though it would be ridiculously expensive to ship to my location.

There's a red '93 B4 for sale out by Pearl Harbor with 14.8K miles on it.  Guy is asking $1500.  Not a bad deal, considering:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/589446368.html

Right now, I'm kind of laying low.  I have to get my police report today, find a doctor, contact the other driver's insurance company, and look into getting an attorney, since I have had some anecdotal evidence pertaining to insurance companies and their tactics.  Not fun. :sad:
"Crush enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!" - Conan the Barbarian, on what is good in life

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 03:56:51 PM »
there was a bare frame on yahoo japan. but it was like 136 dollars and shipping on those i dont think would be very cheap. also the problem of importing something with a vin number sometimes can be a hassle.
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 02:15:42 AM »

There's a red '93 B4 for sale out by Pearl Harbor with 14.8K miles on it.  Guy is asking $1500.  Not a bad deal, considering:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/mcy/589446368.html

I totally understand priorities and all that, in your current situation.
That aint a bad looking bike,and it is a pretty good deal considering your location and the general rarity of the breed.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 08:15:26 PM »
>>...and look into getting an attorney, since I have had some anecdotal evidence pertaining to insurance companies and their tactics.<<

That's standard operational procedure wit these guys dude. That's why the first thing I asked was if you contacted a lawyer. Insurance companies are in the business of not paying, that's how they make a profit. I wouldn't even bother contacting them, just let your lawyer do the talking, as he'll be the only person qualified to effectively deal with the situation. No lie.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 10:20:12 PM »
Yeah, that craigs list bike doesn't look bad.  It's hard to tell from the pics but I think that's a V&H full system, too.  Sweet!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline 92mx83

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 02:12:25 AM »
Went to the attorney's today.  They will handle it from here on out, for the most part, and deal with the insurance companies.  I need to go get medical treatment, but it'll be out-of-pocket at this point, so no Bandit for me... :sad:

Thanks again, everyone...