Author Topic: Vibration from engine  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Erikkt

• TURBO TYPER!
Vibration from engine
« on: July 28, 2006, 12:19:02 PM »
When I ride my bandit for more than 10 minutes, I get all numb in my rear end due to vibration from the engine. Is this normal? It's no problem at all up to 6000 rpm, but above that it gets more distinct. I'm sure it comes from the engine, because if I engage the clutch, it goes away. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like this, it's not that big of a problem. I was just wondering if there is some rubber bushings or something that could be worn out? Can there be eccentricity in the flywheel or anything like that?

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
Vibration from engine
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:41:21 PM »
Mine does that too.  6000 rpm's is also a distinct change in the torque curve.  The short answer to your question is no.  There are no rubber mounts and the counter ballance is not adjustable, (like on some Kawi's).  It really is a personal thing.  Some people are more sensative to vibrations than others.  What will decrease vibration is a well tuned engine.  Carburetors that are in sync and valves within in tollerance.  I've spent years chasing buzzes on my Concours.  If it's your ass that is falling asleep consider an upgrade to your seat. Good luck.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Vibration from engine
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 01:07:19 PM »
Yeah - a valve adjust and carb synch will smooth some of that out.   :motorsmile:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7