Author Topic: Bandit got wrecked - time to part it out  (Read 19039 times)

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.comcast.net/~jeffgundry/
Bandit got wrecked - time to part it out
« on: August 23, 2006, 11:55:28 AM »

Chick decide to turn left in front of me.  Luckily i was only doing about 25 on impact.  Still was enough to total the bike.

So I think I'm going to use this to move on from the world of the little bandit - sorry guys :(  Thinking about a mint XS650 or other old UJM.

So, here's the bad:
-Fork inners
-F brake lever
-Right side pegs (both)
-Tank dented (nuts and knee)
-F fender
-One mounting tab on front of rear right plastic broken long ago - still good though
-Exhaust scratched but still good (shows the usual surface rust on header pipes)
-I think the cam chain tensioner started making noise (harmonic type grinding sound if revs are low and load is med/high - i.e. cruising in town in 6th @ 30/35 mph - quiet everywhere else though.

The good:
Yosh full system
-CDI rebuilt by Carmo <2 years ago
-Carb guts all new <2 years ago (needles, jets, springs, float assy's, slide diaphram's)
-New petcock
-New battery
-<1000 miles on the Metzler Sportec M1's (160/60 & 110/70)

So who wants what?  Let the offers begin  :thanks:

Edit - bike has 13,xxx miles on it

PARTS SOLD:
Carbs
Mirrors
Left Airbox cover
Front tank rubber
Tank mounting plate/battery cover w/hardware
Center Stand
Left Peg assy
Rear Plastics
Guages and idiot lights
left engine cover
fork brace
clutch lever
Front seat
Coolant Res.
CDI
Starter solenoid
Coils & wires
Reg/Rec
Starter
Rt controls w/wires & throttle cable
All 4 intake pipes & vacuum line
Petcock
Complete wiring harness
-Front wheel (w/o tire)

PARTS POSSIBLY SOLD - Pending Funds / waiting for confirmation
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:55:03 PM »
Dude, that's so sad. You're okay, I take it?

So, shark time.

How much for the mirrors and the left side little fairing bit with screw(between seat and tank, over the airbox)?  Also, I need the little black rubber thingy that covers the frame where the front end of the tank mates up to it. Mine's just a wad of duct tape at this point. I could also use the plate that covers the battery --holds the tank bolts and the seat release. The nuts where my tank bolts in are stripping real quick. Ooh, handle bar still good? someone put a striaght bar on mine and it just doesn't fit.  Total that up and let me know and I'll drink a beer to honor the passing of your little friend.

Also, you have the same pipe as me. Can you provide jetting details for that pipe?

thanks.

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 04:02:24 PM »
andrew, I'm running 95 mains, std float height, and IIRC, 1 notch lean from center on the needles (with brand new emulsion tubes).

Luckily I'm fine.   Just went over the bars and landed on her hood/windshield.

The right mirror has some scaring on it, but it functional.  Basically the socket (of the ball and socket) has a beveled edge now.

The handlebars are some CR bend MX bars.  They were $30 and I'd like to keep them to see how they'd feel on a old UJM :D  Stock bars are long gone.

So, for the mirrors, left airbox cover, front tank mounting rubber, and rear tank mounting plate - hows $75 shipped (US) sound?

If anyone needs anything either shoot me an offer or I can guess at a price.  Everything is negotiable.  I will disclose EVERYTHING I can about specific parts.  Pics available upon request.
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
How much for the headlight with brackets?  And possibly the tires?

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:34:17 PM »
Krautwagen, glad to hear you're okay. that's all that really matters, right?

Thanks for the jetting info. could come in handy here real soon.

Okay, I see the center stand on that thing too. throw it in and you've got a deal. (adjust for addn'l shipping cost).

pm me and we can work out the details.

A

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:35:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about the off. Bad drivers are universal.

I'm interested in the yosh can, if its still available.

Price, and shipping to New Zealand?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 12:39:17 AM »
Damn, sorry to hear it. Left turners are my biggest fear. I'm glad you're mostly okay. It's sad to see the bike go. I guess the frame bent? If not you could pull off a front end swap and keep the bike!
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline NintyOne

• Board Regular!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »
Any idea what it would cost to ship the exhaust to California? 92867 zip.

Thanks

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 12:56:06 PM »
Quote from: Rocketboy
How much for the headlight with brackets?  And possibly the tires?

The headlight bezel also has some scaring, and the headlight itself has a tiny hole from a rock in it.  Let me know if you are still interested in them.
As for the tires - How about $125 shipped?  (very good tires - still have some fuzzy's on the sides)

Andrew - pm sent

Mike - it is easily fixable (forks, lever, peg, fender), but the cost of the fixit items coupled with the buyback from the insurance co would mean this is one expensive salvage bike - too much for me to justify being that I'm just not comfortable on the bike (6'4" - hip problems if I ride for more than a few hours).

NintyOne, El Dopa, the rest:
I have no idea about shipping the exhaust.  You can see it splits in the middle, so it'll be a fairly large box.  I'm in a small town and USPS won't ship anything that big, so a 30 minute drive to the UPS/Fedex depots would be neccessary.
I will have to box it up and get an estimate.
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »
Dave - sorry 'bout the bike.  That sucks.  

FWIW - to ship the exhaust, you'd be surprised how small of a box you can use.  I shipped my V&H system via USPS with no problems.  I found a box that perfectly fit the headers, put them in it upside down and just wrapped the can and mid in bubble wrap in the open area under it.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 05:26:00 PM »
Hey, looks like its going to be a pain for you, so don't worry about it. I was only really after the end can.

Commiserations again.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 05:36:49 PM »
Glad you're OK, and I hope you can nail that left-turner! I hope you can get something out of her in court.

Anyway, I can use a left front footpeg bracket: (and the footpeg as well):

How's $45 sound for this? Let me know, as I can really use this. Thanks.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 08:35:37 PM »
:banghead: crap crap crap crap crap  :banghead:

so, I tore into my bike today, following "The Plan of Attack" http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=6743,

pull seat, tank, airbox and start looking things over. What do I see? #4 carb has been broken and repaired with j-b weld or something. Oh crap, no vacuum source for carb sync, thing is basically trashed. So, I move ahead with my valve adjust and thats pretty good. A couple are tight the rest are fine. Button it back up (including new custom-modded GM 195* thermo). I figure I'll go ahead and sync 1&2 and 2&3 and futz around with 4 abit and see what happens.  long story short is that #4 is dead, pull the plug wire, no change. aw crap. so...  

how much for the carbs? yours are jetted for my pipe and its probably a good place to start. lemme know quick as I'm now riding on s**t. aw crap.

A

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 12:22:44 AM »
totally still interested in the light, the way the bike looks right now some scrapes and scuffs would fit right in.  i'm pretty much just trying to get it to the point of moving down the road.

How much for the tires without shipping? i get down to the cities fairly often and could pick them up, if that's cool.

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 01:24:09 AM »
PM's sent

RocketBoy and others:
I just realized my profile was a bit out of date - I'm actually in Winona, MN (went back to school).
I could drop the tires off at my parent's house (inver grove hts) in about a month.  I could do $100.
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n