Author Topic: CBR1000RR and CR250 Throttle/Killswitch installed w/ PICS  (Read 5455 times)

Offline del la sol

• TURBO TYPER!
CBR1000RR and CR250 Throttle/Killswitch installed w/ PICS
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
Was noticing how good the simple race/dirt bike style kill switches looked on the new CBR1000's and thought I'd like to add something like that to the bandit, but since the stock bandit's kill switch is incorporated into the throttle housing it would mean replacing the throttle housing as well.  So I got a race throttle housing for a Honda CR dirt bike, it worked with the stock throttle cable, I just had to grind down the tab on the CR housing where the cable goes in until it was flush with the rest of the housing.  I also had to cut out the end of the throttle tube to slide over the handlebar.  It also had the unexpected advantage of making it like a quick turn throttle, so it takes a lot less gas to get it to wide open throttle, I like it much much better like this.  Then it was just a matter of figuring out which wires on the CBR kill switch match up to which wires on the stock bandit kill switch, the brake light wires were both obvious, the on/off switch was easy as well because there were only two on both bikes, but the CBR's starter button had three wires to the bandit's two, so it was just a 50/50(or 66/33?) chance of matching the two pairs up right, luckily I got it right the first try, so the blue/white wire to the CBR's starter button goes unused for this case.   Took about 30 minutes to do.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:08:29 PM »
That's really cool!   :bigok:   How much quicker is the throttle?  As much as you end up WFO on the B4, that would be useful.  I know the two cable set-up on my CBR won't work with the CR twister but I'd love to get a 1/6 turn for the track.  I may mod my throttle to make it quicker.  Holding WFO on the track with the stock 1/4 turn gets old.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »
yea but wait till you try to get on the gas in a corner rob or sneeze while in a corner i had one got rid of it nice in a straight line but very rough in the corner teaches you to be smooth i went back to 1/2 from 1/4 turn and those switches are nice i use them on everything
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:32:37 AM »
Jay - 1/2 turn????  You'd have to regrip to get to WOT.  The 1/4 turn on my CBR is the stocker, I think.  Rolling on out of the carousel at Beav is where I always have a problem getting all the way wide open.  If I don't have my grip right while I'm countersteering out of there (big, sweeping righthander), I can't get to full-throttle.  BTW, remember, I am "Mr. Smooth"!!!   :grin:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »
ok maybe i went from 1/8th to a 1/4  :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol