Author Topic: Bandit gsf250V 1992  (Read 1592 times)

Offline clemopeter

• New user!
Bandit gsf250V 1992
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
Hi, I have a bandit gsf250v 1992 grey import from somewhere out east no supporting docs so had to register it with year of manufacture cert from Suzuki UK. Spent a lot of time on this bike and still cannot get it to perform as it probably should in short:- It revs out at 15,000 revs in 1st 2nd and 3rd and dies in 4th 5th and 6th it wont rev beyond 10k, feels breathless like its either fuel starved, rev limited or even spark to cylinders cut.
So far I have had, valve clearances done, new fuel tap, carbs have been ultra sonically cleaned, stripped, washed, re-stripped, cleaned all jets removed and cleaned, balanced, electrical connections in the ignition circuit all cleaned, new coils and plugs and of course a lot of head scratching. we even tried a rev delimiter as per a gsf400 but it doesn't fit the bike. its a pig to start, needs little jabs of the starter and plenty of messing with the choke setting, when it fires it runs as sweet as any bike you ever heard, when it revs it has a soundtrack like Donnington on BSB day but its maxing out at about 80mph I had a converter for the kph speedo so now its reading in mph so can't understand if there is a limiter fitted how its handling speed and revs and gear position thro the cd/ignite. any suggestions would be most welcome