Author Topic: Dumb Question  (Read 2626 times)

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Dumb Question
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:31:54 PM »
I know this is a dumb question but can anyone easily wheelie a 400, i went from a 600 that was easy as heck to pick up to my 400, and i cannot lift this thing up, any suggestions? :duh:

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
Dumb Question
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:12:39 PM »
Before I started playing wiht the engine I use to clutch it to get it up and then power shift into 2nd, now as long as the engine is at 5000 rpm or higher all it takes is a yank on the bars while you crack the throttle. It also pulls the front tire about 4 inches off the ground on a 1-2 power shift.

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Dumb Question
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 05:23:44 PM »
I've never had to put this much work into pulling a bike up, what do you clutch it? Just so i'm sure i'm doing it right :duh:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Dumb Question
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 06:04:14 PM »
Pull in the clutch, rev it up and dump the clutch.

Get too crazy and you could end up on your back, so keep the right toes near the rear brake (called 'covering the brake') so if it feels like it's getting out of control you can apply rear brake to bring the front end down.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Zhi

• Board Homesteader!
Dumb Question
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 08:18:28 PM »
Apparently it isn't especially hard if you clutch it. I'm not one to do wheelies intentionally, but sometimes it is an end result of a miss shift into 2nd. You know the engine screams and you're going no where and you don't want fall over or put your feet down, so you do another quick tap on the shifter. :lol:
Z

Living and riding in the S.F. Bay Area.

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
Dumb Question
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 09:36:38 AM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Pull in the clutch, rev it up and dump the clutch.

Get too crazy and you could end up on your back, so keep the right toes near the rear brake (called 'covering the brake') so if it feels like it's getting out of control you can apply rear brake to bring the front end down.

Your not really pulling it all the way to the bars, its like riding a 125 MX bike. You just slip the clutch enough to get the engine into its power band.
Foot on the rear brake is a very good idea as she comes up really fast. Be fore warned the Bandits fork seals don't like lots of wheelies.

Offline BanditGirl33

• Board Homesteader!
Thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 01:09:42 PM »
:motorsmile: Great advice thanks for all your help, i'll let you know how it works out :thanks: