Author Topic: Brake Line question  (Read 2278 times)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Brake Line question
« on: November 14, 2005, 04:39:09 PM »
Anyone know if there are any pre-made stainless brake line sets available for  the Bandit?

I priced out one of the universal sets (line, fittings, bolts and washers) and it came out to $60 or so for just the front. I know you can get two lines sets (ft/rr) for DRZs for like $54 but am not sure if the lengths/fittings would work.

-Randy

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
Brake Line question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:31:54 PM »
I have two sets, one from Hel and one from Fischer Hydraulik. The ones from Hel were not so good as I expected, the top front brakeline (between te pump and the 'distributor') was way too short. I was able to fit it on the stock handlebar but it was very tight. I did get a replacement for that hose but for about $140 I would expect a little bit more quality. The ones from Fischer are alright though, I got those for about $110, front and rear. The Hel ones were only the front hoses.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Brake Line question
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 08:21:38 PM »
Herr Tod - Like me, Randy has a US spec model with the single front disc.   :sad:

Why are you doing the rear?  Just for looks?  The rear should lock-up at-will with the stock rubber hose.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Brake Line question
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 01:26:56 AM »
Rob, it was purely out of curiousity: some of the DR kits come with it and at $54 complete, why not? And yes, just one front brake...

I figured that in a couple of weeks I was going to prepare the bike for it's long winter's nap and one of the things I wanted to do was to put in fresh fluid. Why not do the lines since it would require a bleed anyway?