Author Topic: Can you use your clutch with only three springs installed?  (Read 2287 times)

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
Can you use your clutch with only three springs installed?
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:05:04 PM »
As I posted eariler, the replacement springs in my B4's clutch basket are much more stiff than anticipated.  If I wanted an easier pull, could I simply remove two of the five springs?  I ran across this idea while searching the archives of other forums.  I'd welcome any comments.  Thanks.

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »
No you can't, you will warp your plates. What happened to your stock springs??? I have 37000km on my clutch and that includes 100's of dragracing starts at the track, thousands of wheellies and I have just finished over 50 dyno pulls that has turn my back tire into a smoldering carcase and the clutch is still working great. If some performance shop talked you into putting them in take them back out and reinstall the stock ones

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 12:00:49 AM »
you csn run three stiff and 2 stock!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 11:58:59 PM »
Theif400, I don't want to get off topic, but you have a legitimate question.  My Bandit was a raped beaten and made all nasty by some teen goons.  I know it was wheelied.  It's a restore project.  I was into the clutch anyway, so I've done the springs.