Author Topic: Girlie wiring questions  (Read 3117 times)

Offline janclk

• New user!
Girlie wiring questions
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:37:34 PM »
 Hi all, can anybody help with these please.........

whats the red wire with the white trace supposed to be connected to?

a bit of bodging by the previous owner :annoy: will this work wired this way? the leads go down to two silver sensors on the side of the engine (a vc)

Jan  :thanks:

Offline ovlovder

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Girlie wiring questions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 12:31:50 PM »
I have a non vc motor, and dont have that plug on my harness. 

Offline janclk

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
Any VC experts out there? also did the GK75A have for want of a better word a side light? as the light switch has 2 positions,(off/side?/dipped main light) but i cant find any wiring for it?? :roll:

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 06:16:33 AM »
The light positions are off, city light (little bulb in the housing) and main beam low.

All of the wiring runs from the switches, into the headlight bucket and out again. IIRC positive is switched not negative for the headlight.

I can't be much help in the wiring department for the VVC bike but all I can offer is match up the traces best you can and either solder or use self-sealing taps. You may want to DL a manual off the site which will have a wiring diagram.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 06:18:26 AM by tomacGTi »

Offline janclk

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply tomacGti.. I have had a look for the download but I can't see one for my model :roll: i'll check the loom from the switch and add a wire for the city light.
 :thanks:

Offline aNiMaL

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:35:34 PM »
OK, I will try and help, but could be way off. . lol

Pic .1 , , i think the Red with white wire could be an Aux 12v. Live when the Ignition is turnt on. Lots of bikes have them apprently .
    ( Put a multimeter on it and turn the ignition on to see if this is true ). Can be used for things like Alarms or other gadgits.

Pic .2 , , The Fail Safe Switch connector.
    As you will see by the Pic i hopfully have attached ,You just need to reconnect the wires in the right order. You will need a couple of more connector blocks ( or any type of smallish connector .)
The PO has used a random connector with the wrong color wires, so ya just got to rematch them up.
Looking at your Pic .I can see the Back of the connector nearest the carbs.
I can see a Black with red stripe. Following that through the top connecter it is now Orange with a blue stripe.
This wire connects to the Black with a Red stripe from the LEFT REAR fail safe switch.
The Black wire from the same fail safe switch should connect to the Green with a Orange stripe.

The Yellow with a Red stripe in the top part should have a Black with Lime stripe wire in the bottom half of the connecter. ( the back wire from the connecter that we cant see in your pic nearest the carbs ).
This should connect to the Black with a Red stripe from the LEFT FRONT fail safe switch.
Leaving the Pink looking wire from your top connecter to connect to the last black wire from the LEFT front fail safe switch.

Hope some of that helps , :thumb:

Offline aNiMaL

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »
opps, forgot to ask,
Pic .1 ,, that is your ignition connector ?
         if not , its probably not a Aux 12v ,lol

Offline janclk

• New user!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 03:28:26 PM »
Thanks for that aNiMal  :thumb: I will give it a whirl in the morning ..

Pic 1 goes up to the left hand switch gear as you're sat on the bike.

Jan