Author Topic: another VV question  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
another VV question
« on: September 06, 2007, 02:46:53 PM »
i would like to know if the wiring loom's of the 1st generation and the 2nd generation are the same or if they are different?

since im in need of gen1 wiring loom (with cdi) for my project but i have gen2 wiring loom (with cdi).
and i found this wiring loom (without cdi) from a 91 vv-B4

also my UK post address is very busy nowadays so I am wondering if someone from the UK is willing to act as a UK post address who can receive items and send them to the Netherlands (ill pay for it ofcourse). because lots of ebay people (like above auction) charge 10 pounds for UK post, but 35 pounds for post to the Netherlands. and it can be done for way less. if someone wants to help PM me
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
another VV question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »
i have two spare CDI box's for VV's same part numbers not sure if they are first or second gen but for sale $100.00 each
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
another VV question
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:59:12 AM »
yeah i know jay  :stfu:   :wink:
what good is it without knowing which generation it is...

i can see the gen1 vv has 4 cam-positioning-sensors with 2 wires for each sensor. then gen2 vv is supposed to have just 1 cps. so my guess is it only has 2 wires.

i wonder if a gen2 wiring loom+cdi would work with a gen1 head with just one cps connected

also does the gen2 have a SCA 0412 DHA cam chain? it would appear so in the pictures but it doesnt say anywhere in the text of the vv'97 manual.

who here has a VV bandit and which model??
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
another VV question
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 06:28:25 PM »
received my gen1 vv head this weekend and opened it up.

because i never saw the vv head before except in the vv'97 manual i expected only variable cams on the intake.
so i was pleasently suprised to see both intake and extake cams are variable in the gen1 head  :toocool:

thats probably why the gen1 head has 4 cps and the gen2 has only 1 cps..

some pictures

just wish i had a pre '97 vv manual and parts book...
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
Re: another VV question
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »
Hi Bart.
Dont know if you got this sorted but gen1 and gen2 are quite different, i got a spare gen1 motor and the guy who i got it off got a gen2 in replacement, the gen2 motor wouldnt run in the gen1 bike altho he did get it running eventually, i'l try and get you info!! The chain must be different in that the gen2 is 24 pins between in/out cam sprocket gen1 is 20 pins as the nornal B4.Keep the posts going as i run 59mm pistons already and now have a 71B crank, but as we both know these tings are SLOWWW to complete.