Author Topic: Please help me identify these pictures (attached)  (Read 2243 times)

Offline gotburned

• Board Regular!
Please help me identify these pictures (attached)
« on: July 23, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Please help me identify these 2 hoses. I think the one with the cap
is connected to the airbox (btw, how often shoud I drain this hose?) And the other one without the cap, I'm not sure about. Please help me identify them. Thanks!   

Also, has anyone cleaned or washed the OEM air filter? Are they paper or foam? I've read that the people use the gs500 air filter for it but they do not come with the snorkel (the trumpet looking apparatus on the filter). Has anyone done this before? And how did it work for you? (I.e. Rejetting)

Lastly, does anybody know what is the size
of the bar ends does this bike take? I have a 1993 slingshot. Are the handle
bars 7/8"? 

Thanks again.

Offline gotburned

• Board Regular!
Re: Please help me identify these pictures (attached)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 02:08:26 PM »

for some reason, I'm having issues attaching the picute. But these hoses are on the right side of the bike, near the oil crank case and window. I will try to post pic as soon as I figure out how. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:12:41 PM by gotburned »

Offline Heyu

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 02:46:28 PM »
Without seeing the picture I would guess that the two hoses you are looking at are the drains one without the cap should be smaller and it'll be for the battery vent and the one with the cap should be you're airbox.
 If you pull the cap off you might get some whitish sludge draining, don't worry thats o'k as you're crankcase vents into the airbox and it's only some oil mixing with the moisture in the airbox.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 06:36:31 PM »
7/8 sounds right. I know i ordered oem bar ends off a 600 bandit off ebay and they worked.

Offline gotburned

• Board Regular!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:40 AM »
Thx for the inputs. Anyone washed their oem airfilter? Or used a different oem airfilter From a different bike without the snorkel (trumpet looking thing in the airfilter). Please tell ur experiences and input..