Author Topic: B4 ENGINE PAINT  (Read 2024 times)

Offline bmwalfaone

• TURBO TYPER!
B4 ENGINE PAINT
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:33:26 PM »
Does anyone know where to get engine paint for a 93 B4 Bandit. Aerosol would be preferred. Thanks!

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Re: B4 ENGINE PAINT
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:09:30 AM »
On that note,anyone know the color?
I really like the cast iron look,and have got several compliments on how the dark engine goes well with the bike's look.Some thought I painted it that color, since you dont see too many bike engines that arent painted black or left plain aluminum.
Thinking about painting my Samurai a similar,gunmeteal type dark metallic....something that hides rust and trail carnage! :lol:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 09:43:13 AM »
For me satin black, seems the best option because of availability of the color. You can find it anywhere and really since the motor is watercooled and in the breeze, you can get away with a regular rattle can versus actual "engine" paint. I usually just spray the area down with brake clean to get the funk off, wipe clean and spray. Done.

The motor in the Bandit now is that bronze metallic OE Suzuki but it's defineately a 10 ft rule kind of thing. It's looking like it's 13 years old. I know walking down the aisle of Home Depot or even Pep Boys, I've seen some close cousins in the paint section but they're more expensive versus Rustoleum satin black.

My .02$$

-Randy

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 09:03:48 AM »
black! what oil leaks? :stickpoke: lol this is the route i go to
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol