Author Topic: CDI repair  (Read 4301 times)

Offline Bandit

• Board Homesteader!
CDI repair
« on: March 19, 2005, 06:02:48 AM »
I change the four capacitors on my spare faulty CDI still it doesn't work. The bike never fire up after 10 clicks. Next will be changing the transistor on the CDI board.
B4 Mod: K&N crankcase & air filter;gsxr750 rear shock;grounding wire;gsxr400 blinkers;Super 4 mirrors;fork protector;chain oiler;Hel front brake hose;Kappa windshield;Givi maxia box;fan/ headlight/hazard light switch;Stebel horn

Offline badidou

• TURBO TYPER!
CDI repair
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:04:42 PM »
Why don't you just send it to this guys in Holland and they'll fix it for you. It will cost around $150 instead of spending $500 for a brand new one.
Just make sure that it s the ignition box. I had to through the hassle and it sucks big time.
PS: i bought a used one through ebay and it worked.

Offline badidou

• TURBO TYPER!
CDI repair
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 03:08:31 PM »
The seller did not post the CDI box on ebay. He had a bunch of bandit parts posted. I assumed that he might have one. I emailed him and he emailed me back saying that he had one available and did not have time to post it yet. So i bought it from him through a regular transaction outside of ebay  for 30 pounds (fff cheap) i know it was risky but.. hey man this part is fff expensive