Author Topic: tail tidy  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Kemics

• Board Regular!
tail tidy
« on: February 09, 2006, 07:20:56 AM »
was wondering how everyone went about doing tail tidys. Is there anyway you can do it without buying an undertray. i just want to reduce the size of the stock mudguard on the back, anyone had any luck?
to mess somthing up is human, but to really phuck it up you need a computer.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »
First AFAIK, no one has ever made an aftermarket undertray for the B4.  

As far as how to do it goes - the dremel is your friend!   :lol: I cut mine totally flush with the bodywork.  Then, I got a license plate holder/light from JC Whitney and screwed that to the underside of the fender.  I finished it off with flushmount signals.  Here's a pic from right after I did it (and before I got rid of the hugger and put on the M4 in place of the D&D):

Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Kemics

• Board Regular!
tail tidy
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 11:53:46 AM »
that looks ace mate, i guess i'll just have to bodge it. quick question, is it possible to fit an oval can on with pillion foot rests beacuse if it measure it up i'm pretty sure it wont fit?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:53:47 PM »
Quote from: "Kemics"
quick question, is it possible to fit an oval can on with pillion foot rests beacuse if it measure it up i'm pretty sure it wont fit?

No clue - my bike had a custom high-mount exhaust that uses a chopped bracket when I got it.

Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Kemics

• Board Regular!
tail tidy
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 03:24:28 PM »
mate, i havn't see a whole lot of bandits but seen a couple and can safley say thats the nicest bandit i've ever seen. tastefully steet fightered but still looking like a sport bike. mate impressed  :clap:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 10:26:15 PM »
Thanks.  It's gonna look a lot different here in a couple weeks when I get done with the dual headlight/CF flyscreen conversion.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
tail tidy
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 12:07:25 AM »
I must agree !! It was a toss up to me always who had the niceset stock looking  STOCK b4 . Between Robs and the Killers bee's, But know that he sold his bike i dont have to decide anymore. Listen to the man , you know your never gonna get ride of it . It deserves a 442cc Big Bore kit.
Just clam onother kid on the Income Tax bro. :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Nacho2059

• Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 02:54:29 AM »
I must say that is a pretty clean lookin bike Rob.  Really really really dig the rear end. :lol:   Been trying to figure out what I want to do with mine and I think I may end up doing something roughly the same.
I think I have decided to paint mine a nice glossy black, although I am not sure how I should get the side covers painted.  Wheather or not I should keep the little bulge silver or paint it black as well.  The frame is silver with silver wheels.  Anyone have any ideas?
Also, with the tank I cant decide on an emblem.  Stock Suzuki across it or just an S or Japanese sybol of some sort?  (japanese symbol seems a little cliche'd anymore and I am not really leaning towards that at the moment).  Does anyone have a decent Bandit logo for the tail?  I have a friend that is going to either make me the stickers for the bike or stencil in the logos, I just need a decent pic of the Bandit logo from the tail section.
thanks as always

Almost forgot.. Rob what are you going to be doing with the flyscreen on there now?  Willing to sell it? Thought I might ask.
Mike
1991 Bandit 400
New Spark Plugs and things are on the up and up again.
Shes still for sale however.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
:motorsmile:  :thanks:

Nacho - BA member Russtang is already the proud owner of my old silver flyscreen.  Sorry.

A nice glossy black over the silver will look great.  For the tank, I have a vinyl carbon-look S's there now.  I'd LOVE to get the chrome-look, resin S's Suzuki has been using on tanks lately.  That would look sharp on the black/silver set up.  

For the Bandit logo, I asked that here a year or so ago.  Here's a thread:

http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=608&highlight=logo

I ended up getting mine CHEAP from a place in the UK.  I've looked for that link several times now and can't find it.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 12:47:36 PM »
Rob,

Where did you pick up your CF screen and dual headlights?  I'm wanting the same look for my bike and my taxes ended up being significantly less than i though.  Enough so that i can KEEP my  bike AND mod. :banana:

Ive already got a set of black bars with a little lower drop on the way now and want to continue changing my front end look.  Going for black, red, silver color combo on teh bike.   Also how did you mount that plate light in your tail.  My PO took off the light and im not sure if you need it in kansas or not...though luckly i havent foudn out yet!

Greg

Offline Nacho2059

• Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 01:50:10 PM »
Are you talking about this S logo or something along these lines?
http://istargazer.ca/suzuki/suzuki_logo2b.GIF
Mike
1991 Bandit 400
New Spark Plugs and things are on the up and up again.
Shes still for sale however.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »
The screen and lights were from ebay.  I lucked out with the lights.  They were set up with the correct plug already.  For the screen, search for XB9 or XB12 flyscreen and you’ll find it.  It’s a great quality piece.  The people are kinda assholes tho.  Don’t be in a hurry for it.  I’ve got about $130 tied up in the combination.  

The plate bracket was from JC Whitney.  It was <$10 IIRC.  Unfortunately, it came with a light that only had 1 wire.  I’m a total moron when it comes to electrical stuff.  It was far easier for me to remove the new light from the bracket and make the original light work (the footprints were very close) than to figure out how to make the new wiring work.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
tail tidy
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 07:15:40 PM »
Yeah, here's a pic of Rob's old screen on my bike.  I STILL haven't painted it yet...Too busy riding the bike to work on it.   :lol:

On top of that, I can't make up my mind if I want it blue or maybe flat/satin black...Opinions?

One of the bikes previous owners chopped the mudguard off and bolted the plate directly to the remaining stub.  When I put the new plate on, I put a few washers on the bolts to make it closer to vertical (so it's not as bent as it is in this older pic).

Russ

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
tail tidy
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »
Quote from: "Nacho2059"
Are you talking about this S logo or something along these lines?
http://istargazer.ca/suzuki/suzuki_logo2b.GIF

YES!

Looks good, russ!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7