Author Topic: Dita's throttle cable: Why you ungrateful little .... witch  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Dita's throttle cable: Why you ungrateful little .... witch
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 12:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "kako"
im just looking for a something under 600 thats inline 4 and has more hp then my racing lawntractor.

This must not be your CBR600 powered racing lawn mower then.  :wink:

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline kako

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 02:18:52 PM »
no thats not mine... i have a 700 twin on it, thats bored over .3 a turbo is comeing soon hopefully. i got a plate from quebec so ppl dont think im that crazy when i pass them on there raptors and they hear my blow off valve go off... hahaha... silly fenchmen. my tractor whould be done within the next month and will post pictures of it most likey.
Kev
GSXR 400

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 03:31:33 PM »
The B4 only has one throttle cable,.. erm,.. that's a pull, I think?  There's a spring set up on the other end ( carb end) that offers the resistance to pull it back.

Alright, I hit a number of the shops regularly, and talk to a number of people, so if I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

You -do- know that you can get into a hell of a lot of trouble with a gsf400 eh?  Most people I've talked to say they're faster than a gs500, by a lot.

K,.. what would tell me if the inner is worn?  For the record, she behaved perfectly last night, no free revving at all, I'm a little suspicious though, so I'll take her for a boot, she usually acts up for me, even if she doesn't for the other half.

We have a cable greasing thingy,.. I don't do it, the other half does, it seems to take care of all of our cables fairly well.  These ones hadn't been gotten to yet though, as we're working on Dita as things arise.

I use Canon gear, and I also have a Bronica that I use.  That said, if I go digital at any point ( besides my little point and shoot) I'm likely going to go with the D80 from Nikon.  What I'm really waiting for though is for full frame sensors to become the norm, and get lower in price, so I can pick one of those up and not lose the functionality of my wide glass.

Erm,.. why?
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"

This must not be your CBR600 powered racing lawn mower then.  :wink:

That would mow my lawn in 2 seconds flat.... slight damage to the side of the house is likely though...

I'm not sure if that speaks more to the power of the lawnmower or the size of my "plot" though.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works