Author Topic: Air filter box ?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Postal

• TURBO TYPER!
Air filter box ?
« on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:14 PM »
Is it best to use the stock air box with K&N filter or go with individual K&N filters for each intake?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Air filter box ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 05:17:28 PM »
Both do about the same power wise when jetted proper , I prefer the bmc individual air filters for ease of carb removal and they look cool . You know its not like your tuning a 1000 so small changes make small results big changes ,make medium results but relatively speaking everything counts???? lol
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Air filter box ?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 09:10:55 PM »
Ease of carb removal Jay??  Do I have a Completely different bike, or just different standards?  I think these carbs have got to be the Easiest to remove that I've run across.   :stickpoke:

Okay, so my RS125 was a bit easier, but it was a dedicated roadracer and only had one carb.  ;)  Oh, and no ram-air, so no sealed airbox.
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Air filter box ?
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »
Is this pick on me day or what, anyways OK its slightly easier to remove the carbs with individual filters than with the air box what you don't have to remove two bolts . The gsxr 400 air box is a PITA . And the newer gsxr is like the old school 750's and 1100's with the wire you pull out so the boots can fall inside. I just bought a gsxr air box so i can see what it does on my flat slides. But my opinion I like single filters.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol