Author Topic: Derestriction of the Jap model Bandit.  (Read 22706 times)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: Derestriction of the Jap model Bandit.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 12:06:34 PM »
3 wires to the little plug on the cdi means restricted in 5th and 6th gear the bike does not go any faster in those gears 4th grear feels like the bike should feel pulls all the way to red line 5-6th gear feel dead hence 5th -6th gear through some corners on the street or track where you would normally be in 4th maybe bottom of 5th.
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline silversurfer

• Board Regular!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2012, 12:39:30 AM »
Hi, sorry to bring up such an old topic but i was hoping i find some help here.. my CDI is restricted:

I was wondering which bullet connector should i ground with the resistor.. can anyone help me with the two photos below?

or

Any help is appreciated!

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Dont touch the one that goes to the starter relay. If you follow the green with yellow tracer wire from the cdi (picture 1) it goes to the gear sensor near the front sprocket. disconnect under the seat, leave the sensor end loose and take the cdi side through the resistor and to earth.

Offline silversurfer

• Board Regular!
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2012, 12:31:16 AM »
Dont touch the one that goes to the starter relay. If you follow the green with yellow tracer wire from the cdi (picture 1) it goes to the gear sensor near the front sprocket. disconnect under the seat, leave the sensor end loose and take the cdi side through the resistor and to earth.

So is the wire im suppose to ground in the second picture? If you could you take a picture and show me which particular wire, i would be very greatful to you! Thanks for your reply.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:26:27 AM by silversurfer »

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2012, 06:12:39 PM »
Hi, im unable to take a picture as my bike is a VVC and has a 12pin cdi. The wire in the second picture looks like it maybe as it has the correct connectors. If you follow the green/yel from the cdi it should go into a sleeve with a blue fabric coated wire (neutral) this goes down to the sensor just under the front sprocket.

Offline silversurfer

• Board Regular!
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »
Hi, im unable to take a picture as my bike is a VVC and has a 12pin cdi. The wire in the second picture looks like it maybe as it has the correct connectors. If you follow the green/yel from the cdi it should go into a sleeve with a blue fabric coated wire (neutral) this goes down to the sensor just under the front sprocket.

Hi Chris, thanks for your help!

Will go try out now.

Offline silversurfer

• Board Regular!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
the neutral-gps cable connectors they are actually behind the regulator rectifier!

Thats where those suckers are! hehe.. .thanks