Author Topic: electrical problem  (Read 4923 times)

Offline t6nis

• Board Homesteader!
electrical problem
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »
Hey guys.

I have a problem with my bandit. the bike has been sitting for a week or so. I started it up a week ago i think. Today I changed the CDIs plugs and re-taped the whole wiring. After putting everything back together, i turned the key, and nothing happend, no lights, no starter click no nothing. The battery shows 13.4 v. What could be the problem? Before i started to change the plugs, i did not start the bike.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
Re: electrical problem
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:30:18 AM »
hard to say. most probably you unplugged some in-line connectors on wiring somewhere around spark plugs. there are two wire connectors near third plug (rightmost in direction of drive) which like to separate when manipulating with HT wiring. IIRC one of them causes behavior similar to yours. remove fuel tank and examine wires around cylinder head if all are connected properly.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline greg737

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 12:01:30 PM »
Hey guys.

I have a problem with my bandit. the bike has been sitting for a week or so. I started it up a week ago i think. Today I changed the CDIs plugs and re-taped the whole wiring. After putting everything back together, i turned the key, and nothing happend, no lights, no starter click no nothing. The battery shows 13.4 v. What could be the problem? Before i started to change the plugs, i did not start the bike.

Well, I don't know if this will help but the absolute very first thing that happens when you turn the key in the bike is that the power relay that provides "key-switched" power is triggered.  It sounds to me like that relay is not being triggered.

Offline t6nis

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
Got it back running. took everything apart and replugged everything