Author Topic: Bandit for my Bro.....need carb parts/rebuild kit  (Read 2243 times)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit for my Bro.....need carb parts/rebuild kit
« on: December 18, 2012, 09:31:43 PM »
Hey guys.
 So I picked up another B4 and Im getting it all spruced up for my brother to ride. Itll be his first bike, and amazingly it only has about 7K miles on it. Overall in pretty good shape except that time has taken a toll on the gas tank. Before I get into the search for a new tank, Im tacking the carb rebuild process. His bike it staying stock (unlike mine) so no jet kits or other fancy stuff.

Did some searching, and I saw a few mentions of guys selling rebuild kits/o-ring kits here. Most of the posts were quite old,so I figured Id go to the top with a request.....Im looking for a comprehensive carb rebuild kit,more than just o-rings. Gaskets and needle valves would be nice, in addition to the standard soft stuff. I also am in need of a complete float/cage assembely for one of my carbs. After sitting a LONG time, one of them disentigrated upon teardown.....anyone got an old carb they want to part out?

Thanks as always. I may not come around often, but this is still the friendliest bike forum around.

Steve 
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Bandit for my Bro.....need carb parts/rebuild kit
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:56 AM »
Found Sudco's website.....very nice,exactly what I was looking for, but there is no listing for the Bandit 400, despite the fact that rebuild kits for EVERY other motorcycle made, is on there!
 What gives?!....anyone know the number for a GSF400 carb rebuild kit from Sudco?

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »
You can buy a rebuild kit from another bike. I believe the Katana also used mikuni bst32s (a quick google search should give you the answer). The rubber parts should all be the same.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
Perfect,thankyou for that!
Now just gotta find a float.....