Author Topic: Exhaust deposits  (Read 2442 times)

Offline devilears

• TURBO TYPER!
Exhaust deposits
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:21:49 PM »
Hi. I'm just wondering what colour the deposits on the tip of the exhaust should be and what it means if the exhaust is black or more of a blueish gray colour. I'm asking this because I have recently started noticing that when I ride the bike hard on high revs the colour of the exhaust is more of a blueish gray colour as opposed to when I'm just cruising at lower revs it's more of a dark black colour.

Does this mean anything or is it normal?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Exhaust deposits
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:27:31 PM »
I'm not sure about the smoke colour thing. But be careful riding the bike while looking at the exhaust!! It sounds dangerous.  :lol:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline NateFaris

• TURBO TYPER!
Exhaust deposits
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:17:48 AM »
In general, blue smoke means you're burning oil, white smoke is coolant, and black smoke is a sign of running a rich mixture.

*edit: How did I become a ''Turbo Typer'' with all of 20 posts?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Exhaust deposits
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 01:12:15 AM »
Key word deposits, not smoke, That blueish gray id say running pritty good on the top end concidering your not black all the time amazes me running pump gas being black when cruzing around town means your a little fat on the bottom and midrange or fuel screws. but i would touch a thing if your running that good!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol