Author Topic: B4 progress...  (Read 3454 times)

Offline todius

• Board Homesteader!
B4 progress...
« on: June 20, 2005, 05:55:44 PM »
Well, it's been a while since my first post when I had just bought a 92 Bandit400.  So far, I've put alot of work into her and still have quite a bit to go.   Instead of trying to tweak the stock carbs to run right, I went ahead and just ordered a jet kit & K&Ns like Maniac suggested.  More waiting for parts (I hate that!)

So far I have cleaned the carbs & replaced all their seals,  painted the engine, replaced all rusted bolts w/stainless, rewired half the bike & installed protective wire loom, bled the brake system, adjusted valves, re-keyed the gas & seat locks, replaced the clutch & brake levers, and mounted some mirrors.  Ya know, the basics.

Still yet to complete... install jet kit & air filter, replace fork seals, replace chain & sprockets (ordered 520 conversion since 525 chains seem to be very pricey), & get insurance so I can ride her.    Did I mention I hate waiting on parts?
-Brent

Offline cdyer77

• Board Homesteader!
B4 progress...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 11:07:33 PM »
I'm in the same boat, except your ahead of me. I just got my B4 last weekend and have pretty much tore the whole thing down. Now its just a matter of ordering some parts (carb O-rings and some seals) & signal generator and hopefully I'll be on my way. To replacing other stuff that is...
The list is kinda long but I thats ok since I have another bike to ride while I'm wrenching on this one. It gives me something to do.

Good Luck.
1990 Bandit 400 - Now Parting Out - What do you need???
1999 Honda VTR 1000 - SOLD
2001 GSXR 600 - Track Bike
Reduc #177
Team Pro Motion #177