Author Topic: GSXR400RR CDI Unit  (Read 3008 times)

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:46:43 AM »
There's a GSXR400RR CDI Unit going really cheap locally (NZ$50 - about US35-40).

If anyones interested, I'll buy it and ship it on.

Offline k4y_d1

• TURBO TYPER!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:11:16 AM »
Can it be use for B4?
how much to ship it internationally? I live in Indonesia.
Thks.

Offline Bartjan

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 06:38:54 AM »
IIRC gsxr400rr is gk76 so i doubt it will work effortlesly on B4, but maybe someone else knows more...
1991 US Bandit 400

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »
73a works on the b4s that have 2 wires to the small plug on the cdi 76 may work on the 3 wire ones but i cant say for sure and I'm really not getting any help on figuring out  what exactly the dam restriction is on the bike that are supposed to be restricted, Its is going to take a joint effort to resolve this as no other site really has info about it .
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »
Im pretty damn sure it's cam's jay. Im now running without the speedo connected and with the third wire removed from my cdi so it can't tell what gear im in and it still lacks that top end go but still works fine in the lower gears. Once ive fitted my new cams from you i will report back again.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 04:06:29 PM »
see i think its cams and cdi  when i used to have that cdi with 3 wires i could disconnect it and reconnect it had a quick connect on it and would play with it at the track but it didn't do anything for my bike . But when i switched wire harness's and went to the 2 wire it was back to normal like when i bought it and my friend who had been trying to tell me for 3 years that something was wrong with my bike said hey this things fun again. So i don't know i thought we was on to something by the modifying the gear indicator but again who know never heard a report back on that one and that post is gone somewhere
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »
Well ive sorted my gear indicator so that it can't tell from that. And looking at the manual the timing never changed.

Offline gsxr400 racer

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:34:53 PM »
Quote from: "Banditmax"
Well ive sorted my gear indicator so that it can't tell from that. And looking at the manual the timing never changed.

Sorted it how , didnt you say that you had the wire unpluged ? That little wire is supposed to give some sorta low voltage when its in 1&2 then i beleive once it hight 3rd it give a differant voltage but i may be talking out my ass because like i said ive heard so many different things.
Timming never changed for what ?  We know that there are two different starter clutch plates (or timming plates) But not sure what that has to do with things herrtod knows some about this all i know is mine works with a certain one.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 06:51:35 PM »
Open up your restricted CDI and check out to which electrical components this 3rd wire connection runs :?:

Offline El Dopa

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:05:31 AM »
Quote from: "k4y_d1"
Can it be use for B4?

Don't know. See above. But if you want to take the risk, I'll buy it and send it on.

Quote from: "k4y_d1"
how much to ship it internationally? I live in Indonesia.Thks.

Probably won't be more than $10-15 NZ on top of the purchase price. Let me know.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
GSXR400RR CDI Unit
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 06:22:58 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Quote from: "Banditmax"

Sorted it how , didnt you say that you had the wire unpluged ? That little wire is supposed to give some sorta low voltage when its in 1&2 then i beleive once it hight 3rd it give a differant voltage but i may be talking out my ass because like i said ive heard so many different things.
Timming never changed for what ?  We know that there are two different starter clutch plates (or timming plates) But not sure what that has to do with things herrtod knows some about this all i know is mine works with a certain one.

The ignition timing never changed between the pre 92 model and the post 92 model. the manual states it was 15degrees for both. But the calafornian model did have a different timing spec of 7 degrees. The ignition timing would effect top end power.