Author Topic: Hi Everyone! Couple of questions...  (Read 2709 times)

Offline lemining

• Board Regular!
Hi Everyone! Couple of questions...
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:16:45 PM »
Hi guy, I found this forum by accident and i spend most of the day reading through most of the topics. It seems like pretty good community you got here.

Couple of weeks ago I bought my first bike - 1995 Bandit 250. It was pretty cheap because guy who had it before, had an accident on it and suzuki shop had to replace front forks, lamps etc. Frame and engine are in mint condition so I bought it.

I think people at the suzuki shop replaced gauges with gauges from bigger bandit, because my red line was at 20k and I think normaly bandits (250cc) go up to 16, and i got told that my tacho will never work.

Now I never say never, so i started digging and i found trail tech vapor. I ordered and installed it. I had a bit of a cry because chrome gauges look better, but what is the point of having them if they have no use. Now, i don't know what rpm it should have on what gears and i have no idea how to test it. Bike idles between 1.5k - 2k (2k when its warmer).

If someone could post rpm they recorder at which gear and what speed. I could compare it to mine.

My another problem is petrol gauge... or lack of it. The tank has a switch between res and on, which gave me an idea that my bandit shouldn't really have petrol gauge, because this is like a gauge right there. (kind annoying one tho). However when i was installing vapor i had to take tank off and i saw that the tank is connected with two wires to the circuit (i think yellow and black cables). I check the wires and they have no current in them (even when i turn ignition).
My questions are:
a) Does it mean that i have tank from different bandit that used to have petrol gauge?
b) Can i use that sensor (i don't know how you call it), and install custom gauge to see petrol level?
c) How does it work? eg. Does it send different voltage at different petrol levels.

I'm sorry to start with so many concerns, but i absolutely love my bike and i wanna fix whatever i can fix with it.

Thanks!

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 09:39:20 PM »
wow mate got me im a 400 guy but maybe someone on here has got parts books for the bandit 250 or the gsxr 250 or maybe even a manual  :welcome:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 10:04:52 PM »
this is what im talking about

parts manual, Ive been collecting them for my web site but i wont be buying any 250 ones

http://www.okshon.com/v.cgi?YYurl=http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w5933049
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline lemining

• Board Regular!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:02:08 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
this is what im talking about

parts manual, Ive been collecting them for my web site but i wont be buying any 250 ones

http://www.okshon.com/v.cgi?YYurl=http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w5933049

Well I can buy it, thing is that it is in Japanese. Do u guys know of any website that would sell English service manuals / parts manuals etc.?

Offline lemining

• Board Regular!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:24:51 AM »
I was just looking at B4 and it is exactly the same as B200. Just by looking at the pictures from service manual.
Can you tell me whether or not you have sender connected to your petrol tank?

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 04:34:01 AM »
The sender will be a variable resistor.

Offline lemining

• Board Regular!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 07:31:38 AM »
Quote from: "Banditmax"
The sender will be a variable resistor.

Is there any way I could check if it is actually sending anything? I think i got volt meter and amp meter somewhere.
I guess the best way would be to take the tank off and pull it out and test it. The problem is that i'm scared that it is going 2 leak after i put it back together.

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:18 PM »
You need an ohmeter to test the resistance changing.

Offline lemining

• Board Regular!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »
sweet, ill do that