Author Topic: For those guys who want the Euro switches: it doesn't work  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Kenyan01

• TURBO TYPER!
Thanks!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »
TomacGTi,
Thank you so much.
You said something good on this thread: "not being the one to be defeated..." I share that value. That is why my bike is running, and that is why I'll sort out the mess with the light switches. Thinking about it last night, I thought to isolate the problem from basics - either no power, or short-circuited due to the slicing we were doing for the LH, or mixed up wires... So, this morning, it's all I'll do. It has no choice but to work.

Enjoy!

P.

Offline Kenyan01

• TURBO TYPER!
Solved the problem.
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 04:41:57 AM »
Hi!
I managed to solve the problem using a 1st principles approach.

In summary we disconnected the direct connection of the headlights to the ignition switch, and lunk them up to the RH switch. The direct connection off the ignition was then transferred through the LH switch to allow the flash to pass in any position of the lights switch.

Everything to do with the lights works fine...
Except the brakelights, but that is a different system that I must deal with later today.

And, my neutral light still does not show!

Best regards,
Patrick.

Offline Kenyan01

• TURBO TYPER!
All sorted out.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 06:44:53 AM »
Hi again,

The breaklights are alright now... I had made a basic error when installing the new wiring loom. Both live and ground were live and so it could not light up.

The problem with the neutral light is not yet solved coz, amazingly, this American loom has no socket to fit one of the wires coming from the neutral sensor switch... The green wire w a yellow tracer has no partner on the loom.
Anyone with an idea on how to go about solving this?

Best regards,
Patrick.

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
For those guys who want the Euro switches: it doesn't work
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »
Green-Yellow goes to your oil pressure light in the cockpit and is connected to the Black-Green wire from the oil pressure switch. There is only one wire coming from the neutral switch which is a blue one. If you have two maybe that's the 3rd, blue-green, wire on the '93 model's CDI ?

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: For those guys who want the Euro switches: it doesn't work
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 09:02:16 AM »
Wow, talk about a blast from the past...

-City light: it's a small bulb inside the headlight housing. Looks like a flashlight bulb meant to just illuminate the bucket. You either have one or you don't. I know in my US spec bucket I did not but one I got from Britain did.

-Hazards should only illuminate turn signals and allow them to blink as hazard lights. That being said, there should either be a diode on the circuit or something to fire them through a timed relay. You'll have to check the SV manual and compare to the Bandit diagram.

-Don't forget that those bulbs are still 12v and still fairly high wattage. I know the small blinkers on my bike are 21w and any less will affect the blinker circuit.