Author Topic: finally got some photos of the bike  (Read 2883 times)

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
finally got some photos of the bike
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:20:33 PM »
here are some pictures of the bike i got....its my first one and im loving it so far...pretty easy bike to learn on.

bike has D & D on it, tank bra, cleaned up rear end (trimmed and smaller signals), carbon fiber look levers and bar ends.

just a cool shot i thought someone might like

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:47:34 PM »
Looks good!  :congrats:

Hey, those are some shiney engine covers! I wonder where those came from.

How's the tread on that rear tire?

Overall thats a really nice example of the Bandit 400. Looks really clean, the color looks good, seat looks good, all the bits appear to be there. Previous owner looks to have taken pretty good care of it. Nice find!

Who's Mustang?

2008 GSXR-750

Offline KSUGreggy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:15:25 PM »
the tires do need to be replaced next summer/spring...but they are good enough for me to learn on and still have a little bit of depth to them...hard to tell in the pictures.  thanks for the comments on the bike...i think the engine covers were painted by teh previous owner with "aluminum" paint he said.   only had two owners on the bike one was a woman who bought it new and had it for 7k miles....the next guy added the parts to it and had it for 3k and ive got it now at 10.1k on the odo.  picked her up for an awesome price of 1500 too!

Mustang is my good friend and roommates....its a 66' coupe that we put a built 302 in.   Its got 289 heads, cam dynamics cam, intake, headers, 750 cfm carb, e-fan and getting a spool in the rear next weekend.  Working on getting some gt-40 heads for it now though so he can run some lower octane gas.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 10:27:02 PM »
Looks real nice!   :bigok:  That CF D&D looks sweet.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »
Well, on the upside on those tires... doesn't look like the previous owner really thrashed the bike to much. He definatly didn't lean it into the corner much!

Yeah, the aluminized side covers definatly look a little out of place, but really thats the only thing I see that looks 'wrong', and even then it's not bad! They look to be in good shape too, thats incrediably rare. $1500 looks like a steal!
:beers:

Rob's right, that D&D in CF looks great. Hm... I know they make CF sheets that you can apply to things, I wonder if they make any that can handle exhaust temps? My Yosh would look good in CF, I think.

Man, I love those old stangs... Thats a sweet one, give your roommate my regards! If I had the cash and somewhere to park it, I'd go out and by myself a 66 or so and drive it around, wouldn't really care if it burned oil and the springs in the seats poked my butt. It'd still be an old Mustang  :bigok:

2008 GSXR-750

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 04:31:47 AM »
I had a '65 'Stang similar to that.  Mine was a coupe, in silver. The PO worked in an upholstery shop so it had a really nice black leather & velour interior. It had a well massaged 289 in it, would run 13.2's and with a little coaxing, would pull the front wheels off the ground ~18" with the 4.63 gears & 10" cheater slicks (I also had a pumpkin with 3.23's so it would be a little more streetable - it would turn 15.2's with those gears.)
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)