Author Topic: Am I just not looking hard enough...(carb info)..  (Read 6106 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Am I just not looking hard enough...(carb info)..
« on: October 05, 2006, 12:32:11 AM »
I'm trying to find out a few things, first, I need to get a single float bowl for one of my carbs. I cracked one, way to go me. So I’m trying to find someone here in the state that deals with these things. I can't seem to get anything to come up on eBay under the BST32ss number (part number I believe?) I’m starting to think that maybe they are a little hard to come by here. So the next question/thought I had was fitting newer carbs, which maybe are more sources able for parts. And I was wondering what might fit. I’ve seen many newer GSX-R that seem to resemble my carbs, and I could imagine getting parts would be a breeze for them. Any body have any more info on either subject?

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 12:58:40 AM »
Bandit can fit bst32 or bst33's... Here's a list of other bikes with those carbs, note not all bikes are I4's but if you're only after a parts set of carbs they'd do just fine... look on ebay, gs500 carbs should be easy to come by.

--

Stolen from http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/CarbMiscFAQ.htm

---

Some parts are exactly the same parts as a Suzuki GS500E. Note the GS500E uses Mikuni BST33 x 2 Carbs.

The Suzuki '98 DR350SE uses a MIKUNI Carburettor BST33 (BST33SS CA. Model) Single.

The Suzuki DR350 EU model 1994 uses Mikuni Type BST33SS but US Model 1990 Mikuni uses TM33SS.

The Suzuki DR750S and 800S Specs also show a MIKUNI BST33, twin.

The Suzuki 1996 GSX600FT also show a MIKUNI BST33, four.

The Suzuki GSF 400 Bandit has MIKUNI BST33, four.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »
I've got a set of banged up carbs with some parts that are still good. make me an offer on a float bowl.

Also, go to the harware store and get allen screws for the float bowls and the top cap. It will save you lots of frustration in the long run. Any good traditional hardware store should have them. just take a screw with you for comparison.