Author Topic: Fuel hose routing ??  (Read 11192 times)

Offline GR8LITE

• New user!
Fuel hose routing ??
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »
 Working on a 1992 GSF 400(the fast Red one). Prior to me arriving on the scene , there was a real knucklehead at work on this bike!

I understand the Vacuum line from intake to pump side of petcock.

I understand the fuel feed from petcock to lower port on carb bank.

Where does the hose attaching to the upper port on the carb bank go to??

Where does the drain from the fuel fill cup end up , I see the port on bottom of the tank , where does the hose that should be there route to?

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Fuel hose routing ??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 04:46:17 AM »
this long hose coming out of float bowl vent line should go to the front, copy the shape of airbox front parties, turn about the airbox front edge (above the carbs) and fit into grove along the center of top cover of the airbox. the "clip" at the end of hose should fit into clamps at the end of grove near the air intake hole. this should work as "hungry programmer's" fuel vapour recycling circuit. the electrical harness should go about 5cm to the left (from driver's POV) being held by separate set of clamps. (I was curious about this one too until I found a bike which had this one routed properly).

The fuel cap drain port should be connected to hose which is routed between engine and carbs. this hose is connected to T-shaped connection. Another hose connected to water reservoir ends up here too. Third hose is routed along right rear end of engine and is losely held in place by clamp near rear-brake pad close to exhaust.

All these routings are displayed at the end of GSF 400 workshop manual in great detail so I recommend to check it.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:49:04 AM by ventYl »
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline GR8LITE

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:18:59 AM »
 Thanks for the info .........

I have checked the Manual. However all the diagrams I was able to locate depict only California emissions or if your is not a CA bike , one like yours. Mine does not have drain hoses from the float bowls , or any type of T fitting or water can, or hose out to the swingarm. Thanks just the same.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:56 AM »
My is German version and has all the mentioned. Looks like your bike is pretty much stripped. Yet tank drain nor coolant reservoir overflow are not critical IMHO.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline GR8LITE

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:15 AM »
  I agree ........ save the one thought that the water drain prolly should go somewhere other than onto the carbs.

Thanks !!